Thursday, October 22, 2009

Harvest Blessings


Today's Ways To Use It Challenge 241 called us to use patchwork in our designs. I chose a simple nine grid patchwork, stamping the four corners, and using K & Co. Que Sera Sera designer paper for the other squares. I ran each section through the Cuttlebug using the Herringbone embossing folder.

I used Verve's Harvest Blessings, and stamped each leaf with Kaleidacolor Late November ink. I sponged the edges with Papertrey Ink's Chai and Chamomile Distress ink, then layered on VersaColor Pinecone and Paprika. The wreath was stamped with Pumpkin Pie, and before stamping I added Old Olive and Summer Sun to the mix. Diamond Stickles accent the wreath. The sentiment is stamped with VersaColor Pinecone.

Background layers are Memory Box Twlight designer paper. I added brads and organdy ribbon, which I heated to curl - all done!

I think my mojo left with the leaves on the trees last week -- it's been a whole week since I stamped~ changing of seasons or something, I guess! Thanks for taking a peek~

Stamps: Harvest Blessings (Verve)
Paper: Memory Box and K & Co. DP, Very Vanilla, More Mustard
Ink: Kaleidacolor November, VersaColor Pinecone, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, PTI Chai and Chamomile Distress Ink
Accessories: Diamond Stickles, Nestabilities, brads, organdy ribbon, Cuttlebug Herringbone EF, heat gun

14 comments:

  1. That is beautiful and very much like a quilt! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW this sooo pretty, wow LOVE the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Judy!!! Love the black flowered frame around the stamped image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors and detailing, Judy!!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous Judy! LOVE the Fall colors and those tiny flowers in the paper around the frame and exquisite! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards you make...all of them are great...I love the colors on this one as well as the technique Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Judy... Oh I love the warm fall colors, your wreath looks awesome and great patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite....
    I love the layout and the awsome colors very very pretty I love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that embossing folder makes it look so much like a quilt! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, no...I'm kicking myself for not getting this set last night. LOVE your card, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If your mojo left, I want mine to leave like yours, because your "missing mojo" created a beautiful card. I mean GORGEOUS. I don't have any Verve, but I see so many great examples, this being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Judy - this is one gorgeous card!!! Love this Set too, but I have not even had one minute to ink it up, but I really love how you used it :)!!!

    Hope you all are doing well?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Judy!! This is so gorgeous!!! My fave cards of yours have always had wreaths on them!!! LOVE your new avatar!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!