Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy is PRIMARY!

I love bright, vibrant colors! And although primary colors usually have people thinking about school, I am HAPPY to be OUT of school for the next couple of months!

This cute little image of the sailboat is by Meljen Designs. It just makes me smile! And the sentiment by TLC Creations is perfect! Both are digital images. I colored the sailboat with Copic markers. The pennant is made with Spellbinders die cuts.

Today I start my summer activity (besides stamping!). My husband and I will be in a Crane River Theater Company show called "Into the Woods." It has all the fairy tale characters that people recognize: Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, and many more - and a Witch, of course! I will be playing Cinderella's real mother (a spirit in a tree) and also Little Red's Granny, who gets eaten by the wolf. It is not a children's show, but is definitely fun. Our first rehearsal is today - seven hours worth! Going to be a long afternoon/evening!

I hope you are doing something this summer that you love and that makes you happy!





Challenges for this card:
The Pink Elephant - Vibrant Colors 
Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer  
House of Gilli - Vibrant Colours/Summer 
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Some Texture (pennants) 

Stamps: Sail Away by Meljen Designs & You Make Me Happy by TLC Creations
Paper: GP White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Travel DP by Debbie Mumm, Prints DP by SU!
Ink: Copic markers
Accessories: Kaiser pearls, Spellbinders dies, dotted grosgrain ribbon, button, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF

6 comments:

  1. What a cute image. I love it. The colours and decoration you have used for the card are so suitable for summer.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Fashionista this month.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very cute! It's so bright and colorful!!! I love your cute little boat and how you've colorized it. The textured bunting looks really nice as well! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right...this is a very happy card! Love the use of primary colors...going to have to remember this for future use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I'm sitting here in awe of all your layers that somehow don't look all smushed together. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DEFINITELY a happy card--those colors are all amazing! LOVE the polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEFINITELY a happy card--those colors are all amazing! LOVE the polka dots! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!