Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rain Showers are Just Ducky!

Who cannot be cheered by this little Duckie Rain? He just brings a smile to my face! Our sponsor today at The Deconstructed Sketch is The Greeting Farm! I chose this little digital duck for my image. My Facebook friends will know that I have a "traveling" duck named Darrell who appears is various places all over the country, and so I was drawn to this adorable little guy.

Here is our sketch for this week:
I printed Duckie Rain on Whisper White cardstock and then colored in with my Copic markers. I wanted a retro feel to my card, so kept my colors to reflect the designer paper by Nikki Sivils and added some little buttons down the side. My sentiment is a Heidi Grace sticker.
The Greeting Farm has generously offered one single rubber stamp to the winner! All you have to do to win is participate this week using the sketch and post your project to a blog or online gallery and link back to The Deconstructed Sketch at the bottom of the post by Wednesday June 13, 2012 at 8 PM CST.

The Deconstructed Sketch girls have some terrific samples to show, so be sure to have a visit at their blogs too!
Thank you for your visit today!
Other challenges for this card:
By the Cute & Girly - Cute as a Button 
Card Cupids - Animals 
Lia Stampz Challenge - Things with Wings 
Whimsy Inspiration - Things with Wings 
Can You Digi It - Button It Up 
Jackson's Digital Expressions - Anything Goes 
Digital Tuesday - Anything Goes 


Stamps: Duckie Rain digital image by The Greeting Farm
Ink: Copic Markers
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, It's Raining It's Pouring DP (Nikki Sivils), Whisper White
Accessories and Tools: Cuttlebug EF, buttons, twine, sentiment sticker (Heidi Grace)

24 comments:

  1. Too cute and I adore those happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Judy!! Love the fun colors and Ducky Rain is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright colors on this Judy - and your raindrop patterned paper is a perfect backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is darling, Judy! Totally makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy your card is so darn cute! I love it. The colours and paper are perfect and the colouring is beautiful. Way to go! Thank you for sharing your card with us at JDE; good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful image. And you have colored him beautifully. I really love the bright colors! And all the detail with the embossed paper and the twine.

    Thanks for joining Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week DT Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice card; and I especially love how you intertwined the twine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable. I love the sketch and your take on it is fabs! Cute as can be Image! Thanks for playing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just super cute! I love this image... I haven't used it in forever it seems. Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card,thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect background paper for this cute little image. Just ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to have a traveling companion! Ducks are so much more fun than gnomes!! Love your card Judy! Your coloring is over the top marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute image and your coloring is awesome. I love the bright colors and the embossed paper and twine. Thanks for joining Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is so cute, beautiful coloring. Simply adorable. Thanks for joining in on the fun this week at JDE, DT CAS Leader, Berni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Colorful card, great layout, and fantastic coloring! Thanks for joining us on Card Cupids. I hope you will send in your cards and bring a smile to a child!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my this is so crazy cute...love the image and your paper choices are so fun...great card..Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge this week..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute!! That little guy and bold colors make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooooooooo cute! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG this is so cute, love the adorable image and bright and fun colours. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Fairies and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet card! Love that cute duck too. Fantastic colouring!
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps, hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great sketch and your card is wonderful! I love how the paper totally reflects the image and what a wonderfully cute image!!!! Thanks for joining us at Can You Digi It?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is so pretty! I love your little duck. Thank you so much for joining us over at Card Cupids!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwwwww how cute!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Cute as a button challenge and good luck!

    Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful use of buttons!! Thank you for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge Blog this month and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!