Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome Baby - A New FS Challenge at SCS!

The first Sunday of the month means it is my turn to host the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast. I hope you will come play along!

Congratulations to Ellie Stover! I chose Ellie to be our first June 2013 FS this week. I LOVE her gallery with its beautifully colored and detailed designs. I chose this cute little birthday card to case.
With the FS challenges, we are supposed to change at least two things from the original.

I kept her color scheme and layout, but changed images and theme from birthday to baby. My images are from Paper Smooches' A Little Lovin' available at i {heart} papers. I stamped on Ultra Smooth White Cardstock and then colored my ellies with Spectrum Noir markers.

I left off the sewing (even though I LOVED it!) and added pearls. I substituted hearts for the balloon and added a crocheted flower instead of silver cord. I added Buttermilk atyou Spica Glitter pen to the hearts and a layer of designer paper underneath the four squares. The DP is from Echo Park's Bundle of Joy Boy and Bundle of Joy Dots & Stripes 6x6 pads.
Everything is held together with Scor-Tape and Sticky Thumb Dimensionals. All linked supplies are available at IHP!
My card is 5" square.
I really like how it turned out!

This summer I am going to be taking some short road trips around my state. I tend to gravitate along I-80 and after 20 years am kind of bored with that :)  So -- I will be sharing some summer photos from around my state on here occasionally. Here is the first one, taken with my iPhone, and a filter added from an app called Vintique:
A typical Nebraska field -- the cows always stare at you when you stop. It's like they are either wondering what is picture-worthy, or why you are invading their space. You start walking toward them and they all move away. Ok....not so good for my self-esteem. Because I really care what (if!?) the cows are thinking. Wow. I need to stick to making cards.

Check this out:

Other challenges for this card:
365 Cards - Sweet Baby 
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes 
Creative Corner - Boy oh boy


Stamps: Paper Smooches' A Little Lovin' (available at i {heart} papers)
Paper: Poptone CS, Echo Park Bundle of Joy Boy & Bundle of Joy Dots & Stripes DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spectrum Noir markers, Spica Glitter pen
Accessories: Kaiser Bliss Pearls, The Paper Studio crocheted flower, Spellbinders Circle dies, MFT pennant die, SU! Word Window punch

5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Judy your card is adorable - I love that little crocheted flower. The picture of the cows reminds me of home, except that they would be Jersey cows there.

Juliana said...

This is really sweet! I love the coziness that crocheted flower adds!!! That mama/baby elephant image is soo cute!

Beautifully done, Judy!

tampatha said...

sooo very cute and I love the color combo! Great patterns and shapes on this! :)
thanks for joining us at CCC this week!
Tammy DT

Becky G said...

Judy, this is absolutely adorable. Thanks for joining us in this weeks Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug! Hope you'll join us again this week.

:) Becky Givans
Bugaboo DT

Amy said...

Absolutely adorable!! Thanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug