Friday, May 31, 2013

My First Mix-Ability Challenge

I have wanted to try the Mix-Ability challenges on Splitcoast since they began, but when school is going on, I am too crazy to get paint out haha! So today I tried my first one, along with the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge: Doodle Defined.
I used Flourishes' Poppy Patch (my favorite Flourishes set!) and stamped on watercolor paper using Memento Tuxedo Black ink (both available at i {heart} papers). I painted the poppies with acrylic paint (smooth texture) and let some of the black outline run. The outer subtle color was painted with Linen Distress ink. My rough texture is distressing. I doodled around the circle for a hand drawn border. Everything is adhered using ISP Red Line Tape and 
Sticky Thumb Dimensional Dots.

It was a lot of fun to make this! More Mixed Media in my future, I hope!

Some really fun news:
i {heart} papers is having its first ever DT Call, and you are invited to apply! CLICK HERE for more info! The call closes June 14th! I l LOVE working with Kate so much! Give it a try~!


Stamps: Poppy Patch by Flourishes (available at IHP)
Paper: Crumb Cake (SU!), watercolor, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, acrylic paint, Linen Distress ink (TH)
Accessories and tools: Kaiser Latte pearls, burlap circle (The Paper Studio), Spellbinders Circle die, printed twill ribbon

7 comments:

  1. I love the combination of textures on this card!!
    Beautiful, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job for your first! I want to try too, so that may be my weekend project. I love your colors and that doodling is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hand drawn border. So clever and the paint making the black run a little makes the poppies look so realistic! Great card Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh goodness. I love that bit of burlap. I need to remember to find some of that! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!