Friday, January 17, 2014

No Stamp Elegance

Today I have a fun design to show you that is easy to make and didn't even take as much time as I thought it would! You can find all of the supplies at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, along with lots of other fun things! 

There is no stamping involved, just scoring, cutting, and sewing, along with gluing~! This is a design I found on Pinterest, and just cased from photos, as it was all in Russian (?) or another similar language. So I guessed on a lot of it!

First of all, choose some patterned paper that you like that has five patterns you want to use. Mine are coordinating colors, but you could use totally different colors on each panel. My paper is from Prima's Life Time 6x6. I love the sturdiness of the heavier papers in Prima's collections.  I used a piece of 12x12 CS for the base, and cut it to 5 1/2" X 9 3/4". Using one end to measure, I scored it at 4 1/4", 6 1/2", and 8 3/8",  again guessing as to measurements. I sponged the edges with Brushed Cordoroy Distress ink.
Next I cut the papers from the Prima pad slightly smaller on each panel, sewed around each edge with a straight stitch, and adhered to the base (except for the front panel!). I love the 1/2" Scor-Tape and 3L's Tape Runner. Then I began the process of decorating each panel, working from the back.
Wilton Doily and May Arts Sheer Frayed Flower
Spellbinders Classic Heart die, corrugated cardboard heart and a glittered flower from Prima's Wishes and Dreams collection.
Finally, I added the Elegant Peacock seam binding on the front BEFORE adhering the paper. Use a long enough piece to tie the size bow you like. Mine is about 20 inches long. I used the Scor-Tape to secure the seam binding to the base, then adhered the paper on top. I added two more flowers to the front to look like a little floral spray when the card is closed and a few dew drops for bling.
Standing up and then open and laying flat: 
And finally tied closed:
This was a lot of fun to make. Thank you to the original poster. She has great photos to show how it's done. I will be making more of these and experimenting with the size.

Sharon has bins full of fabulous sale items at amazing prices! Go check it all out HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Judy. Nice change of pace from stamping. Love the colors you chose to work with. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this yesterday and it is awesome, thanks for the tutorial and I am going to try it. FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!