Friday, April 27, 2018

Hopping With My Sweet Petunia and Visible Image!

Welcome to the Visible Image and My Sweet Petunia Blog Hop! I absolutely LOVE these stamps, and I know you are in for a real treat when you hop!

You should have arrived here via Aga Baraniak's blog, but if not there is a complete list of participating blogs at the bottom of this post so you won't miss a thing!

Hop along and leave comments on each of the participants' blogs because there are some fabulous prizes being given away to two lucky commenters: a $50 shopping spree at My Sweet Petunia or a $50 shopping spree at Visible Image




You have until Monday, April 30th 11:59PM CST to leave comments and the winners will be announced on Tuesday, May 1st on both the My Sweet Petunia and Visible image blogs. 

I used DARE TO SWIM today for my first card.
I made my background using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique and Distress Inks. When it was dry, I used my Original MISTI, and lined up my stamp where I wanted on the watercolor panel. I did this for the sentiment as well, closing the lid, and slightly readjusting, according to the grid lines.
I added some diamond glitter paper for a sparkly background, as well as some aqua metallic thread. I love how it turned out!

My second is a rather free form design using  
I made my background using acrylic paints, stencils, and my Gel Press. I decided to cut it off-square, and gave the black and pink back panels some interest by scoring at random intervals. My MISTI was perfect to restamp my images on top of the paint to get a solid image over the texture.
Thank you for stopping by!

Here is the complete list of the talented designers hopping today.
Your next stop is: Eileen Godwin!

55 comments:

  1. Jellyfish is so lovely.. beautiful colours :)

    *Leaves a slice of birthday cake for you*
    xx Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used beautiful colour combinations on your cards and they make the stamps pop. gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vibrant colours! They go so well with these stamps... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever you can add sparkle - always add sparkle! Simply beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J'aime les deux.. la 1ère pour le fond des océans qu'il faudrait préserver et la seconde parce qu'elle est pleine de peps et qu'il faut voir la vie en couleurs ! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very different cards...both fabulous. Love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep hearing about the "Gel Press," so I am assuming it is NEW????? CAN'T WAIT to look for it! Your cards came out WONDERFULLY! I LOVE the backgrounds you've created & the images are STUNNING! ;) SUPER JOB! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful color combo blend, great jellyfish stamp

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely backgrounds for these wonderful stamps, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Wonderful sentiments too! I absolutely love the different color choice combinations for each card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, love the fine detail the thread gives.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great Judy, I need to get out my Gel plate...can't live without my Misti.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. Love the Jellyfish card, the color combination and the sentiment. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards! Love the added sparkle& that divine jellyfish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing cards! Gorgeous backgrounds and color combinations. Great texture and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm just starting out with a gel plate and loving discovering what you can do. Really love the eye card and vibrant background - must have a go at that!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fantastic! Love the second one especially - such fun, vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cards Judy. Love the backgrounds. So colorful! Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome cards! Love the pretty colors you used together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these! What a great idea to apply that thread at a very interesting angle and love the bright pop on the second. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are beautiful ! I love your work with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous cards, love your backgrounds, perfect for these images, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty backgrounds! Love your color combos and the jellyfish and eye images!

    ReplyDelete
  24. HIya Judy thank you for sharing your fab projects, love the colors, the background and thank you so much for the inspiration Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. These two are gorgeous ! In color and in stamp choice. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards ..... great colour combinations xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. The background make the stamps really pop. Beautiful cards!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    Creative hugs,

    Lins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really love your dare to swim card! Great reminder also ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the sparkly thread, 2 fabulous cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Мои любимые дизайны штампов в красивом исполнении! Очаровательные открытки!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful backgrounds for these fun stamps! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  32. love over your Gelli plate creations. Love the colours you have used.
    Hugs
    Ayoti xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning pink and yellow card background...super trendy!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a stunning pair of cards !!
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great colors on the backgrounds--love the jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!