Tuesday, March 20, 2018

It's a Hop With Reverse Confetti and My Sweet Petunia!


Hello! It's the First Day of Spring! And what better way to celebrate than a blog hop with Reverse Confetti and My Sweet Petunia?! I am honored to be participating in this hop with two of my favorite companies and these talented designers and friends!

Two lucky commenters from the hop to win one of two prizes: a $60 shopping spree at www.mysweetpetunia.com and a $60 shopping spree at www.reverseconfetti.com! Leave your comments no later than Sunday, March 25th, at 11:59 PM Central time and winners will be announced on Tuesday March 27th, on the Reverse Confetti and My Sweet Petunia blogs. So be sure to visit everyone (list is below) -- especially for all of the great ideas and inspiration!

It's all true -- the MISTI changed my stamping life! You have heard the stories, and I can attest to the truthfulness of mine! Esepcially when it comes to textured paper, like some watercolor brands with tooth, as in my first sample.
I made my background using the Wrinkle Free Distress technique. When it was dry, I used my Original MISTI, and lined up my stamp where I wanted on the watercolor panel. I closed the lid, and slightly readjusted, according to the grid lines.

For my first project, I used a sentiment from My Heart Trusts. I love the font! I inked it up, and then restamped, because of the paper's texture. Two times stamping, and it came out perfectly!


I also wanted to use the Squared Off Cover Panel Confetti Cuts for interest, to show some of the other cardstock color. I added some lace, a paper doily, and paper flower for embellishments. 

My second card is made with the adorable No Tomorrow dinosaur stamp set and matching Confetti Cuts. I adore these little guys; they have such personality! For this card, I wanted to also use the Hello Square Confetti Cuts and make a shaker card. 

I stamped one of the leaves on my background paper from the Cheerful & Kind 6x6 Paper Pad, and colored it in with a Prismacolor Pencil. I added a little Wink of Stella for some sparkle.
I stamped my dino and grass all at once using my Mini MISTI. I like the look of embossing, so used clear embossing powder for all three images. I then added the other elements after coloring (Copics), and cutting them out with the Confetti Cuts. I even added some dew drops that were one of my first purchases years ago!


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my projects. Be sure to check out the entire Reverse Confetti Shop, and My Sweet Petunia for all of the MISTI tips and accessories!

Next on the hop is the amazing Jeanne Jachna!

Here is the complete list of designers today!


56 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love a shaker card WITH A DINO on it?!! Too cute. And your first card is so beautiful. That sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to make a shaker card. They look so fun, especially yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first card is stunning in every way.
    And the shaker is just way fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun dino card ! love this colors ! Your first card is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely prayer card. And who doesn't love purple dinos?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable shaker card; great use of the cover panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards! Love the bg on your first card and the fun shaker on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both of these are wonderful - so unique and different from one another, but fabulous in design. I love the vintage feel to the first one, but the dino card most certainly brings the smiles! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must have is the I said a prayer for you today stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Judy, but the dinosaur tickles my fancy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! That dinosaur just cracks me up! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your two cards are so different-- first lovely, then cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Headed to splitcoast to learn that technique bc your card is beautiful. I LUV the Dino shaker and I NEED that stamp and the hello die and...more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice! I love those dinosaurs and the prayer design is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty first card. Love all the details, colors, patterns, and design. And yes, Misti has changed how we stamp, it's made us so much better with darker images/sentiments. And that dinosaur is adorable. Love the purple/green and all the sparkle. Just lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are lovely! Beautiful design on that first card. The second....oh purple dinosaur...and a shaker to boot! LOVE ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. The prayer card is beautiful and the dinosaur shaker is so cute. Thanks for your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great greetings! Love the "Said a prayer" card with is heartfelt sentiment and fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are wonderful, especially the dino one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What inspiration you’ve given! I think the first card is just gorgeous and I love the little dinosaur shaker card. I can see me incorporating some of the ideas into a card for my grandsons. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful card ideas! I've been eyeing the Hello Square confetti cut for a while now and it may be time to give in. Your dinosaur shaker is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. An unexpected use for the striped die on your first card. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful prayer card and fun dino shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A purple dinosaur - what could be better?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun projects! I especially love the dinosaur shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You had me at the verse: I said a prayer for you today. What a wonderful message. Your cards are beautiful, thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like both your cards. The Dino is so cute and you can never have enough encouragement cards

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two very detailed cards, the first is such a pretty delicate card and shows so much love and care. The dino card is brilliant fun and I love all the sequins really fun. You must be impressed with the Misti if you have two x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cards! Love the purple dino and the hello! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great cards! I especially love that dino with the cute shaker element.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great cards! I especially love that dino with the cute shaker element.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome cards! Love the first one with the sentiment stamped so perfectly on the textured paper... thanks to your MISTI! And that dino is absolutely adorable on your shaker card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the shaker card! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fabulous cards!!! I love the "hello square" die!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the adorable dinosaur shaker and the texture you created with the distress inks on the flower and lace card. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love both of these! Beautiful comfort card and that adorable purple dinosaur...and love that you made a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Loved the sharper card with the purple dino on it-- too cute! The first card I found very touching. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What beautiful cards! That first one is so classy. And who can say no to a purple dino shaker? No one, that's who. I particularly like how you stamped the leaves on the background patterned paper then colored over. That's a really pretty look that I'm going to have to try sometime. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous prayer card and the dinosaur card is the cutest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh Judy, what a beautiful Prayer Card~great background technique! The Dino shaker card is too darn cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!