Is anyone else besides me old enough to remember that song? :)
First of all I need to clarify the black and white picture. For those that didn't see the post 2 days ago, there is a color version that I posted first. The black and white was just a fun close-up! So take a peek farther down and you will see the color version I did for Monday!
I am off to work, but wanted to post one of my favorite fall dessert recipes for you to try. We love plums and nectarines in our family, and this dessert is a yummy combination of both!
Plum and Nectarine Torte
2 nectarines, cut into small wedges (approx. 12)
2 plums, cut into small wedges (approx. 8-10)
1/4 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon (I use Pampered Chef's - it's the best!)
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 large egg white, beaten
2 tsp. turbinado sugar (substitute granulated if you don't have turbinado)
1. Heat oven to 425. You will need a 15 x 11 inch rimmed pan lined with foil or parchment paper (I used Pampered Chef's stoneware and parchment paper).
2. Combine fruit, sugar, cinnamon and almond extract until evenly coated.
3. Unroll pie crust onto lined baking pan. Place fruit mixture in the middle, leaving a 1 1/2-2" border around the edges. Fold edges of the pie crust over the filling, pleating and pressing dough together to hold its shape.
4. Brush crust edges with egg white; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375 degrees and bake 20 more minutes or until crust is brown and fruit is tender. Cool 10 minutes. Slide onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
5. Serve with ice cream or Cool Whip!
I plan to make this today after work, so come back tonight or tomorrow and see what it looks like!! Yummo!!