Friday, March 1, 2019

Come Join the March Rainbow Card Challenge!

Happy March, Cardmakers! Have you seen the new challenge at the Rainbow Card Challenge? This month is Yummy Yellows!


I stamped five bees in a row on Heavyweight White CS (Hobby Lobby), using the two-step stamping technique. I stamped the gold bodies first, then the overlay of black detail and wings. I used a stencil and lightly (and randomly) sponged over the bees in different directions with a brighter yellow ink. The fifth bee I cut out using the matching die (Dragonfly Dreams from Stampin' Up!) and layered it on my second bee above. You can see a little shadow underneath from being popped up using 3D Foam Tabs.

I adhered all my panels using Scor-Tape (I like the 1/4" and 3/8") and then stamped my sentiment. It is three separate words from a retired stamp set by The Alley Way Stamps. I love the play on words with "bee." I then wrapped my Metallic Gold Baker's Twine several times around the left side (this card opens like a book), added a heart charm (that matches the bees' gold), and tied a simple bow.

And it's ready to mail!
Be sure to join us and play along. It's so fun to see what everyone makes, and what wonderful ideas you all have!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE a good pun--and this one is fabulous! I adore the layout of this creation and all the added textures! A beautiful card! Thank you so much for all you do for The Rainbow Card Challenge! I am so grateful you are on my team! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! This is super sweet! No pun intended! This are some fantastic bees and your color matching is perfect! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bees... This is a fun card. I like how you poppwd up one bee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!