Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #593

Hello everyone! I hope all of my US friends had a wonderful Independence Day celebration! Now back to your regularly scheduled events :)

We have a new sketch today at Freshly Made SketchesOur hostess today is spunky and talented Karren in NZ! There are several on the team that made the fun fold Bridge cards - I did not cross that bridge this week, and kept mine my usual top fold.

I knew I wanted to use the Layered Perky Flower Dies and the Garden Spires Embossing Folder I had just gotten from Simon Says Stamp. Those two fought with me a little in trying to get the placement I wanted, and keep the sentiment panel where it was supposed to be in the sketch! So I worked on individual pieces first, not knowing how it would all fit together. It took me twice as long as it should have, but working with new dies is sometimes a "learn as you go" event!


The flowers and stems were watercolored and then shadowed with Distress Oxide Inks. I actually cut six of the dies, to try for more color variation in the petal layers and make sure I had enough if I messed it up. There are three layers to the petals, but the stems/leaves and main petals are all connected in the die. A little black flicked on for fun dots and texture was fun (although always scary to me!).

I embossed the Garden Spires on heavy cardstock (and forgot to spritz!!) and then inked with Peeled Paint DOX. The sentiment is from In the Heart (Pinkfresh Studio) and stamped with a perfectly matched dye ink from Scrapbook.com. I rarely use anything but black for sentiments, so that was fun. Some torn paper, a little patterned paper from my stash, and my favorite gold metallic thread and rhinestones for sparkle finished the card. 

I hope you will join our sketch challenge, and add your creations to our gallery. This week's challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, July 10. Be sure to take a peek at the designs my talented teamies have made (bridge cards and non bridge!) on the FMS blog to inspire you!

Other challenges for this card:
We Love Stamping - July (florals)

5 comments:

  1. Loving all of the layers, texture and details! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the details in this gorgeous design, Judy! The great texture from the embossing folder is complemented so perfectly by the torn edges and the depth of color in the purple petals makes them feel real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are stunning - love all of the shading and texture! And they are gorgeous on that embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors on those flowers are gorgeous! So many pretty details on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These dies - and your card - are gorgeous! Your flowers are so rich-looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!