Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #596

Hello everyone! We have a new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches and it is my pleasure to host! It's Christmas in July -- only because this week is the hottest week we have had so far this summer. I am happy to have summer a lot longer -- if it would stay a little cooler and rainier! So I went with lighter, non-traditional colors for my card today.


I recently got this beautiful Christmas Bird Poinsettia Etched Die Set from Spellbinders and could hardly wait to play with it. What a festive and fun set. The bird also has a Santa hat and there is a candy cane as well, but for today's color scheme, I left those things for another time. The sentiment is from the Make It Merry Sentiments. A little striped paper in the background gives interest to the die cuts.

The idea of the sketch is to work with the top half and leave the bottom half of your card clean or "blank".


I hope you will join our sketch challenge this week, and add your creations to our gallery. I look forward to seeing your ideas! This week's challenge will end at 3:00 EDT time on Monday, July 31st. Be sure to take a peek at the gorgeous designs my talented teamies have made on the FMS blog to inspire you!

Other challenges:

5 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely gorgeous my friend. Those non traditional colours are so pretty and I cannot wait to get my hands on that die set! This sketch was fantastic! I loved having all of that white space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly stunning card!! LOVE the colors and the hint of stripe at the top. And such a fun sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this beautifully feminine clean and simple card using your sketch. The little bird nestled in with the leaves and poinsettia is such a delightful surprise. Thank you for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Judy! So much texture and detail from the diecuts and I love the less traditional colour scheme. Great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Judy! The non-traditional colours are so soft and pretty and these die-cuts are fabulous. And right about now, I am sternly telling myself I do not need these dies... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!