Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Challenge Card That Wasn't!


This is not my card for today's Limited Supplies Challenge and it is not my card for Sharon's (notimetostamp) "Tall and Thin" Challenge either.
I thought it would be, but I broke all those rules as the card went along. LOL!

I started out with the LSC150 and chose 2 colors from the same family: Rich Regals - So Saffron and Elegant Eggplant. I had these flowers from another day and wanted to use them. I chose my DP. So far, so good. Cut my cardstock to be a tall and thin card for Sharon's challenge. Punched the corners. I had embellishments in the same color family - just like the LSC said. Decided I wanted a sentiment at the bottom -- had to use two punches for that. Uh oh. The sentiment is stamped on WC paper and smudged a bit with my aqua brush. Wanted glitter on the flowers. Uh oh. Added brads on the corners and then more brads by the sentiment. Hmmm...... Needed leaves -- another color (we were only supposed to use 2 in the LSC) and used the 5 petal flower punch to make them. Too many punches! And then I needed ribbon and another ribbon...... and more glitter on the leaves. Not simple for me. Or for Sharon's challenge. Too many punches and colors and embellishments for the LSC......

So this is "The Challenge Card That Wasn't!"
Stamps: Embrace Life, Studio G sentiment
Paper: So Saffron POP DP, DCWV Old World Matstack, Elegant Eggplant, Watercolor
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke
Accessories: aqua brush, 5 petal flower punch, corner punch by Family Treasures, word window punch, large oval punch, eggplant brads, Stickles, grosgrain and organdy ribbon
Techniques: watercolor

3 comments:

  1. lol, what a familiar story! I'm glad that it's the card that WAS, no matter the original intent! :) This is gorgeous, I love Embrace Life and eveything you've done here. True, it doesn't fit Sharons' "simple" rule or limited supplies, but it IS a tall and thin card, so you met the challenge there! You exceeded them both with all the delightful touches! Very special card! Your blog is amazing and I would love to add it to my favorites at my blog. Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration! ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the Embrace Life stamp. Beautiful cards!

    Adorable pic of you in kindergarten too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card! I love the colors and those cute corner punches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!