Saturday, March 29, 2008

Home Inspired....


Today we were to find something in our home that inspires us and to create a card using that piece for inspiration. I chose this giraffe music box for my inspiration piece. I collect giraffes and it is one of the first things I bought for my collection after I was married. I remember thinking at the time that is was sooo expensive and frivolous. It has survived many moves and a lot of years! It plays "Born Free" (which makes me think of lions, rather than giraffes.....not a good thing for a giraffe collector lol!).

My giraffe stamp is one of my favorites. My sister gave it to me. I love the design. The giraffe DP is some I have had for awhile and never found the right time to use it. I love the border along the bottom. It is by Hot Off the Press.

What a great challenge! I have two or three other things I may have to use today as well! And thanks for coming to take a look~

It's Never Too Late

to make your house your home

Stamp your personality on your home.
Invest some love in it.
Give it something of yourself.
Your colors.
Your pictures.
Your favorite objects.
In return, it will welcome you
and your friends.

"Home is where the heart is." --Proverb

Stamps: Peddler's Pack
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, DCWV Textured Tan, Giraffe DP by Hot Off the Press
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: eyelets, twine, photo corner punch, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

13 comments:

  1. What a perfect challenge for you! Your card is wonderful, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful... great job and very inspiring..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inspired card ... I really love the look of the black giraffe border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow your inspiration helped you create a really beautiful card! This one should be framed! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a great card! I love your choice of colours and the giraffes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card. I have recently decided giraffes are my favorite animal. A trip to the national zoo and Disney World did me in. :-) I love the border. I may have to find some of that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very lovely!!
    I love how the softness of the card reflects the soft details of the figurine (the figurine looks like Lladro to me).

    Awesome job with the challenge!! You should pull your giraffes out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an AWESOME card! I love what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is an awesome card....it turned out great! Love your inspiration piece too....so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you could find inspiration from your collectible favs. Giraffes are cool. Love your abstract image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE This card! It would go perfect with the new outfit I am making for my DD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!