First of all, I must apologize for not getting this uploaded yesterday. Time just got away from me and I was really tired for some reason! Maybe I was shocked at the Idol results! ;)
Secondly, I must apologize for the quality of the pictures. My downstairs has huge overhead lighting like an office building and it doesn't take very good pictures. So this beautiful paper I am using looks very different and washed out and the colors are not true. But until I can redo this, I wanted you to at least see how to make a Double Pocket card so that you can make your own!
Ok, here we go. Start with a double-sided 8 1/2 x 11 piece of cardstock. I chose Stampin' Up's beautiful Berry Bliss (for those that haven't seen this, it is a gorgeous combination of pinks and browns - and you would never know that from these pictures!).
Lay the side that you want to be on the front of the card up. I am using my bone folder to help hold down edges! I also score every fold as I make it.
Fold the cardstock in half vertically and open, then fold horizontally and open. Cut the left horizontal fold to the center of the paper. I have put the bone folder in the cut so you can see it.
Fold the right bottom corner up to the center:
Fold the top left corner down approximately 2.75 inches:
Fold the top left quarter on top of the top right quarter:
Fold the left bottom quarter underneath the bottom right quarter:
Fold the bottom right corner up to meet the middle horizontal fold (extra apologies for the blurry picture here):
Fold the bottom quarter onto the top quarter to finish. Use your favorite adhesive (double-sided Scotch tape is what I use - it's easiest!) to finish and close all the edges.
I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch my side holes for ribbon - it's a lot of paper to punch through. You could attach eyelets or hardware as well and decorate. See HERE and HERE for a finished card. This is not my original idea -- I learned it from my friend Becky! I need to go re-take these pics and finish the card now! Enjoy!
Edited 4/14 - I guess the pictures work well enough! Thanks to Beth for choosing this as the SCS Try a New Technique Challenge!