Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Convention News, New Catty and Another Challenge Done!

Wow! The first day of Stampin' Up!'s 20th Anniversary Convention began today in Salt Lake City. Everyone is abuzz over the new stuff and the new catalog!! If you are interested in pre-ordering a new catalog, just leave me a comment here or e-mail me at lidaroseroz@yahoo.com.

Some highlights: LOTS of new punches, new silhouette sets, beautiful new designer paper and the new In-Colors are fantastic! I didn't love them at all when I first saw little swatches, but now having seen them in person (we could preorder them as demos), I am in love! There is even Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware and some new designer brads (espcially the Filigree) that are MUST-HAVES! More new news EVERY day this week!!

Today I completed the SCS Sketch Challenge and also another Dare to Get Dirty Challenge (Laurie's Vellum Challenge). What fun those have been. Here is what I made:

I embossed the flower from Oh So Lovely and watercolored it using my Blue Bayou pad and an aqua brush. The Metallic Gold paper (beautiful stuff!) is so shimmery and is available from Our Daily Bread Designs. The sentiment was stamped with Blue Bayou ink and embossed with Clear EP.

Stay tuned for more sneak peeks of new Stampin' Up! stuff!


Stamps: Oh So Lovely, Graceful Words
Paper: Gold Metallic, Blue Bayou. Blue Bayou POP DP, Very Vanilla, vellum (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Encore Gold, Blue Bayou, Mellow Moss
Accessories: pearl trim, flower brads
Techniques: embossing, watercoloring

13 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful Judy! I love that beaded accent. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card....I am so excited about the new catalog now...my dh is not however!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think this is an elegant card. I love the trim. Is it special card trim or did you get it at a fabric store? I like the way you did the last layer in vellum.

    CATALOG, please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Congrats on staying as a guest designer for another month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the SU! convention update ... that was fun! i can't wait to get our catalogs :) i love your card -- the ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love that you made that main panel vellum, and the flower brads in the corners are such a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the lace and pearl border at the bottom, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!!! And I am sooo excited to get my new catalog! Or should I say catalogue? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is beautiful!
    I love the image you used for the sketch and the ribbon with the pearls is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, this is gorgeous!! I'm in love with the colors!! And that vellum panel across the front is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I love the embossing on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!