Friday, July 4, 2008
Today's Limited Supplies Challenge ~ Happy 4th! ~
I am happy to be able to Guest Hostess the SCS Limited Supplies Challenge today.
* We're making cards with mostly RED, WHITE and BLUE (any shades – yes, I know that is only THREE colors, but I am counting the “and” as the 4th word! lol!) and:
* ONLY 4 layers deep (or less - including the cardstock base piece)
* ONLY 4 embellishments or specialty tools (or less - a combination of 4) – examples:
1) ribbon, 2) one kind of punch, 3) another kind of punch, 4) one Cuttlebug EF or
1) decorative scissors, 2) one kind of Nesties, 3) another kind of Nesties, 4) Stickles
* Adhesives, plain scissors and paper cutters do not count - they are necessities! Designer Paper is fine, as long as it is only R/W/B and counts as one of your layers.
Here are the two samples I made:
The eagle (Liberty for All - retired Stampin' Up!) was colored with Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy/Real Red markers and then the edges were sponged with Bravo Burgundy. The sentiment was stamped in Bravo Burgundy and sponged with Night of Navy ink. The double-sided DP is cut and pieced into one layer. The "1776" was on the DP design already!
Stamps: retired Stampin' Up! Liberty for All
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, double-sided DP by Reminisce
Ink: Night of Navy, Bravo Burgundy, Real Red
Accessories: white star brad, Michael's $1 ribbon, sponge dauber for edges, circle punch
And for a non-patriotic sample I used one of my very favorite Stampin' Up! sets, Boatloads of Love. The boat is stamped twice in Palette Noir Black, watercolored, and then cut out and mounted on dimensionals. I added Liquid Applique to the puff of steam and then cut out and mounted that on a dimensional as well.
Stamps: Boatloads of Love
Paper: LSS DP, Brilliant Blue, Naturals White, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, NQN
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Brilliant Blue, Bordering Blue, Bashful Blue, Real Red
Accessories: string, Liquid Applique, photo corner punch, blue eyelets
To all my U.S. friends: I hope you have a very safe and happy Independence Day ~
and to all my international friends: Have a wonderful and safe weekend!