Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sugared Thoughts and Some Sugar for a Lucky Winner!

Today's card combines three challenges:
SCS Color Challenge: Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Blush Blossom


I cased her beautiful card here. I changed images, colors, and the layout slightly.

Congrats, Jessie!!! You are a wonderful stamper!
and for the
Central Theme Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Challenges: All That Glitters

It's always so hard to get a good picture of sparkle! But IRL the flowers are lovely and the colors so warm and rich. I covered my Cuttlebug folder with Close to Cocoa ink and then ran it through, so that the background would be darker and have a negative effect. The flowers are stamped In Cocoa and then watercolored with Ruby Red reinker and an aqua brush. I just use a cheap Hobby Lobby brand, and it works fine for a fraction of the cost of other brushes.

The frame by Portafolio has beautiful designs on it, but the picture is a little dark to see those. (Kelley, if you are reading this, no comments on my dark picture! haha!)

Thank you to all who entered the blog candy contest! Here is the winner:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:8
Timestamp: 2008-08-19 18:13:19 UTC

Congratulations to Elizabeth!! Elizabeth, I have sent you a message through your blog! Thanks for playing, everyone!

Stamps: sentiment: Stamp Oasis by Rubbernecker; flower; Embrace Life by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Blush Blossom, Very Vanilla, Ruby Red, Basic Grey DP
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Ruby Red
Accessories: Antique Copper HPH, frame by Portafolio, circle punch, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, Cuttlebug EF, icicle glitter

14 comments:

  1. what luscious colors on this Judy! wonderful DP and cuttled panel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I won!?!?! Thank you so much! Your sugared thoughts card is so beautiful! And thanks for the well wishes for school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sophisticated and lovely!!
    I love how you used these colors--and that touch of shimmer!!

    BEAUTIFUL card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color combo, I wish I had time to do the challenge today! Love your blog, can't imagin how I have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog, very impressive, am subscribing, look foward to more great cards..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the CB panel! This is beautiful- I like the hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anothere stunning card!!
    Congratulations Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that ribbon and this card looks so elegant!

    by the way, I left recognition for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!