Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Help With Hope for Sally


For today's SCS Monochromatic Color Challenge, I chose shades of teal.

I made this card for a dear friend of my sister's, Sally, who is suffering from Stage 4 ovarian cancer (hence, the teal ribbon). She is a sweet woman, and will also be celebrating her 55th birthday on September 8. If you would like to send her a card, either for her birthday or for encouragement, I know she would sooooo appreciate it, even if it was a quickly made one layer, or a store-bought card. She has already had surgery and she recently learned that they didn't get it all. :(

Please email me at lidaroseroz@yahoo.com for Sally's address if you can help brighten her day.
I used the Hope set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I love how this set looks good in any color!
For information on ribbon colors and their meanings click HERE.
Stamps: Hope by Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: DCWV Textured Brights, Very Vanilla, K & Co. DP
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Taken With Teal
Accessories: organdy and grosgrain ribbon (Target and American Crafts), pearl gems, Primas, photo corner punch
Have a blessed day!

14 comments:

The Country Rose said...

This card is so beautiful and I'm sure that Sally will be so blessed to receive it.

Connie (cmc2stamp) said...

This is so pretty, Judy! I am sure she is going to really appreciate this card!

amazingpapergrace.com said...

Judy, I know that Sally will love your card and the thought behind it. You've selected wonderful colors for another marvelous card.
--Hugs Becca

I'm working on my cards for her now.

JulieStamps said...

This is beautiful. I can tell you put a lot of heart into it and I am sure Sally will love it and appreciate you.

xiumaiyuki said...

Beautiful! Sally will love it!

creativearts said...

Please send me Sally's address and I will get a card in the mail to her. This is so sad!!BTW, I love your blog and cards! Also, I ordered from Hambro stamps this weekend and found out they were in Virginia (about 40 minutes from where I live). That is the third company of rubber stamps in Virginia that I know of! Thanks so much for mentioning the sale.

creativearts said...

I forgot to put my e-mail address on the above message so I could get Sally's address. Senior moment!
craftsbyej@aol.com

Joan said...

This is a beautiful card Judy. In so many ways. Prayers to you're sister's friend. Joan

Denise (peanutbee) said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colors and the long row of pearls. :)

Tara said...

So simple, beautiful and to the point! xx

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful Judy, this set is perfect.

My Paper Adventures said...

Thank you for the warm welcome to ODBD :). It's very exciting! I love your monochromatic card for the SCS challenge! It's superb!

nancy said...

This is a beautifully done card. Thanks for making Sally feel loved.

lindabob2008 said...

I am so sorry about Sally. A prayer is winging it's wonderful way as we speak. And a card layout is on my table. I am sure she won't mind if it is a little late. I have her on my list and will pray for her daily. I have a pretty good "in" with her. I got your name and hers from Angel Wilde over at Angelosity. She has become a good friend and is helping me realize MY dream: a card ministry. Keep me posted about Sally if you can. I won't forget her........Linda Crowder