Friday, October 17, 2008

Some Fun Stuff!

Last week all of the Hambo Design Team posted their ideas and projects using two stamps - Fingerprint (#0709) and Little Thumb Thing (#1510). I so enjoyed seeing everyone else's creations and there are so very many possibilities and ideas for that little thumb print.

Here is another idea!
My little prickly pear cactus is stamped with Sage Shadow ink and the cactus needles are drawn with Old Olive. The ground is just drawn in with Creamy Caramel and the clouds are made with my precious and well-guarded (I thought I had lost it once this past summer) hand-cut cloud stencil using Bordering Blue. The sentiment is stamped with Chocolate Chip ink, and all edges are sponged with the same ink. I used Naturals Ivory paper for my images, and the designer paper is from The Paper Studio. I pierced the corners using my Paper Piercer from Making Memories. Oh - I can't forget the Buzzard (#0341)! He is stamped in black and colored with Creamy Caramel, More Mustard and Copic C-1. Be watching for my next thumbprint card later this weekend!

Before this weekend is over, however, you must head over to Hambo Stamps and check out the BOGO Sale!! There are some awesome values and stamps you will want to add to your collection!
Another place to visit today is my friend, Becca Feeken's blog, Amazing Paper Grace. If you have never been there, you are in for a real treat. Becca has a real gift for making incredibly beautiful designs and projects. She has a gift for you! She is offering any stamp set, including this one, We Three Kings, by Our Daily Bread Designs as blog candy! Be sure to enter by noon on Saturday!



Stamps: We Three Kings by Our Daily Bread Designs
Paper: Sage Shadow, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Designer Paper by American Crafts
Ink: Basic Black, various for coloring
Accessories: small oval punches, Filgree brads, gems, Silver HPH, organdy ribbon

And now for a yummy recipe:

Cheesy Tortilla Soup

1 envelope fajita marinade mix
4 boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
2 T. vegetable or canola oil
1/4 C. butter (use the real thing!)
1/3 C . flour
2-14.5 oz. cans of chicken broth
1/3 C. Rotel tomatoes (or canned tomatoes with chiles)
1 C. cubed Velveeta
8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1.5 C. half and half

Toppings:
guacamole, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream

Prepare fajita mix according to directions. Add chicken and marinate. In lg. skillet, cook chicken in oil until juices run clear. Set aside.

In large saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour until blended. Gradually add in broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes until bubbly hot. Add tomatoes, Velveeta, and 1 C. of M. Jack cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in cream and chicken; heat through but do not boil. Spoon into bowls. Add toppings! Serves 8.

Have a great day! I am saving the craft for tomorrow this is long enough already!)~

16 comments:

  1. Tortilla soup and Prickly Pears!?!? You are making me so homesick Judy!!!!! I love your little cactus!! And Love your 3 kings card - fabulous colors!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the cactus Judy! It's safe to say, I would have NEVER thought of that. Your cards are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, judy! Hope you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your cacti (?) cactuses (?) are so witty! Great idea & great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cactus are so cute. Your wise men are GORGEOUS! The soup looks yummy! Man you were busy this morning! I will have to check out Beccas blog and I agree she has an awesome talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you are starting to feel a bit better. My mum always had to watch her bronchitis too and take it easy before it turned into pneumonia - even as a child I remember her having pneumonia several times.
    The Wise Men card is great - those papers are great for the eastern feel - but that little thumbprint cactus is just SO wonderful, I love it.
    Have a good weekend :D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your creative cactus Judy! Going to print the soup recipe next...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute cacti Judy!! What a cute idea. And mmmmmm that soup looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops meant to say, your wise men card is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cactii card is too funny (and cute!) and the Three Wise Men - well, it's absolutely gorgeous!! That soup sounds fabulous and I am printing it off right now to try it next week when the weather gets colder....!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cactus card is great and your We Three Kings card is amazing!! Hope you have a fab weekend planned!
    --Hugs Becca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed your 2nd card before, what an elegant one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love your thumbprint cactus! So cute! And a great card too! Love the wisemen card also. Such a pretty background and embellishment to go with the main image. Great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! A cactus?! I never would have thought of that! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your vulture card is so much more vivid IRL! It's awesome. I love what you're doing with the 3 kings stamp. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The 3 kings card is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing the soup recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!