Monday, May 25, 2009

Sneak Peek!


Today's SCS Technique Challenge 222 was to make a Hinged Card. I used this tutorial to make my card.
Click on the card for a larger view.
My images are from one of the new June 1st releases by Our Daily Bread designs called Ask, Seek, Knock. I am so excited about this set because the door reminds me so much of many doors I saw on my trip to Ireland last year (we left one year ago today!). Take a look at this picture:


This door is part of a beautiful castle
near Sligo that has been a girls' school.


Here is a view of the inside of my card (click the picture to see it close-up):

The designer paper I used is Brandywine and Sugardrop by Memory Box - both available at ODBD, as is the EK Success Punch I used for my border. Be sure to watch for my peeks coming from the Bread Basket this week! See the sidebar for all the ODBD Design Team (Bread Basket) blogs!

Stamps: Ask, Seek, Knock by ODBD
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, Memory Box DP: Brandywine and Sugardrop
Ink: Pallete Noir Black, various
Accessories: brads, key charm, organdy ribbon, Nestabilities, paper pierce, EK Success Scallop Diamond Border punch

18 comments:

  1. Judy, this is just COOLER THAN COOL!!!
    WOW!!
    First of all--I love how the card relates to the door in Ireland!!

    Second--this image and verse couldn't go better with this technique!!!

    Third--Such lovely coloring and embellishments.

    Beautiful! In form and function!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC Judy!! LOVE this image!! And with this technique...way cool!! LOVE the key and *believe* sentiment too!! What a fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is TOO COOL!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hinged card Judy! and I cannot wait to see the rest of this wonderful new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! What a neat idea. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Judy, this is gorgeous! You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this door...could have so many uses......and how cool that it mimicks one in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Judy! Love this card! Beautiful coloring and terrific layout!

    Sorry that it's been ages since I've visited -- my sister from Georgia was here for several weeks, then my son came home from college. That brought a week or more of laundering, sorting, storing, cleaning out, etc.

    Hope you are well and hope to visit again a lot sooner!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, this is so gorgeous and thought provoking with the door image...thanks for sharing your sneak peeks with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Judy this is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!! Love that hinged effect and the key!!! Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You nailed this challenge! I love the image with this type of card. And I can't believe you got to go to Ireland! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card and the door! Wonderful idea to use it for a hinged card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card, so cool how it flips open and I absolutely HAVE to have that door stamp. I love the key next to the sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - what a perfect inspired card!!! Love how you made a hinged card out of it - so beautiful!!! Thanks for another awesome sneak peek :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers...another wonderful card, and looks like another great set...Gonna have to get this one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this card, too! Awesome photo of the castle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!