Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sweet Friends


I made this card today for the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge 219: Stamp It Again.
I needed to make a sympathy card today for a friend who lost her brother and I have always loved this Stampin' Up! set, Embrace Life, for so many different occasions. The sentiment is from Always in My Thoughts.

I want to thank several friends today for giving me a special award. It is a humbling honor and I wanted to thank them for their generosity and kindness. Sharing Christ is the most important thing I do in my life.

Barb G., Betty W., Chris O., Dawn L., Diane N., and Faith W. awarded the to me. Thank you so much!

"The Exalting Christ Blog Award" is given to bloggers who consistently exalt the name of Christ on their blogs. What a joy to see crafters blend their passion for Christ and paper crafting. This award is given to bloggers who share Christ through their posts or through the design of their artwork. We are commanded in Scripture to be 'salt and light' sharing the Good News of Jesus no matter where we are (Matthew 5:13-16). This award is just a way members of Women to Women: Sharing Jesus can say thanks for exalting Christ with us!"

Rules:

Post the blog award in a regular post on your blog with the explanation, including the original link to WTW and the rules for passing the award along

1. Name five people to whom you want to offer this award and link to their blogs. The blogs need to obviously exalt Christ in some manner.
2. Contact the bloggers you have named to let them know they can pick up their blog award from you.
3. Invite them to permanently display the WTW blog badge and/or the award on their blogs. The badge can be obtained on the WTW site."

I am awarding this to Juliana, Diane,
Christine, Holly, and a brand new blog from Sandee!
(You can see Sandee's artwork here while we are waiting for her blog!)

Stamps: Embrace Life (SU)
Paper: Temtping Turquoise, Whisper White, DCWV Textured Turquoise and DP
Ink: Palette Noir Black, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal
Accessories: EK Success wavy border punch (inside), white organdy ribbon, Nestabilities, designer label punch, square punch, brads, paper piercer

11 comments:

  1. Bless you, sweet friend! I am totally honored by this. It could not have come at a more opportune time either.... I am struggling emotionally and this just reminds me that HE is in control!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just gorgeous Judy!! Love the colors and this fabulous sketch! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy I love this set too and your layout rocks! I love the color choices... so soothing for a sympathy card! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Judy..there's isn't an award out there that would mean as much to me as this. I pray that my faith in Christ shows not just in what I create, but also in what I say.

    Thank you. I haven't ever posted blog awards before...but this one might get me started :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and congrats on your award....you totally deserve it!!! Hope you are well...
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card. I like the monochromatic color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Judy, so sorry for your friend! I'm sure she will love your beautiful card! Congrats on the award!! (Hmmm...Sandee is getting a blog?!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card --- everything about it is fabulous!! I'm sorry you had to make it for such a sad occasion and my heart goes out to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy I am honored! To have you for a friend and encourager is a blessing from God! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!