Saturday, August 15, 2009

What Time Is It?

Thank you to those who "checked" up on me this week to see if all was well. All is well -- just different! It has been a week since I have posted - certainly unusual over the summer. But all has changed this week here in Nebraska. We are Back To School!

I teach music part-time in an elementary school here, and it is time for my regular job again. Sad, isn't it? I will definitely miss stamping every day, but do have to pay for my hobby (and college tuition!) somehow, so work it is!

And it is exciting to arrange my room, and unpack things, and get ready for a new school year. My daughter and I took an overnight trip earlier this week to buy some school clothes and supplies and that was fun. Saw a great chick flick - "The Proposal" -- I recommend it for some fun and laughs and awesome scenery!

So what do I have today? Well, a BLOG CANDY winner for one -- keep reading!
And a card using this week's SCS Inspiration (#193) and Sketch (#241) Challenges.


I chose this embroidered work by Jessica Polka for my inspiration. And HERE is the sketch, which I turned sideways.

I stamped one of the verses from Jesus (Our Daily Bread designs) in Not Quite Navy ink and cut and embossed with the Large Rectangles Nestabilities. The border along the bottom is the Grand Illumination Border from Spellbinders. It is 12 inches long, so I just cut what I needed. I sponged Bashful Blue ink on the border before I took it out of the die.

The designer paper on the top is by My Mind's Eye, and the bottom is K & Co.

I love blue and white together!

You can see more designs using this set from two ODBD Design Team members:
Connie
Lorelie


And now for a long-awaited Blog Candy winner! Last Sunday I posted the two new sets from Chicken Girl Design Stamps, and was offering Hugs From a Bug as blog candy. I used random.org to choose my winner. Congratulations to PEGGY!!

Here are your random numbers:

31 

Timestamp: 2009-08-15 15:19:31 UTC


WOOT WOOT! Peggy, I will email you the information on how to get your set!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Jesus by ODBD
Paper: Papertrey White, NQN, Bashful Blue, DP by K & Co. and My Mind's Eye
Ink: NQN, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Pretties kit, Offray ribbon, Nestabilities, Borderabilities, pearls by Kaiser, Prima flower
Techniques: sponging

12 comments:

  1. That card is breathtakingly beautiful! I love blue and white together and this is stunning! Also, congrats on being in Scrap and Stamp magazine with your beautiful ODB cards. I thought I recognized them and then noticed your name. It is so cool to know(well, cyber-know) someone who has beautiful work in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Judy! I love the flourishes at the bottom. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Judy, love the soft blues and your flourishes at the bottom are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this Judy! Your border on the bottom has me drooling! Your colors are so soothing! I'm loving everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand how the beginning of the school year changes your 'play' time.....having taught middle school for 35 years......so I wish you a smooth and joyous, productive and cooperative year so that what free time you do have you can spend stamping....tfs.....your card is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card, Judy! My favorite color and so elegant. Hope you have a great school year. And IKWYM about paying for this hobby and college; we take our youngest off for her 1st year and her older sister goes back too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh This is just gorgeous! I love this flourish...love how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so lovely!! The flourish swirls and pearls with the DP and flower are spectacular.
    And WoooHooo on the blog candy! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so beautiful! This has always been one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card - Judy!!! I love the flourished border!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE what you did here, Judy!! So clean and elegant...LOVE those SB swirls!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!