Saturday, October 3, 2009

FrankenKitty

Here is my submission for today's SCS Inspiration Challenge 200. When I saw THIS WALLET, I immediately thought of this designer paper I had, and decided to make a Halloween card. The brad says "Boo!"

Images, ink, and Nestabilities are from Happy Halloween by Chicken Girl Design Stamps, available at i {heart} papers.

Today we are off to a marching band competition about 2 1/2 hours away. Our daughter is a junior and plays the baby bass drum! It is going to be a perfect day for it - a great crisp, fall day! MUCH better than yesterday's 50 mph winds we had for two days!

And on a side note - however it is definitely not a side thought - some of you know that my dad has been very ill for several weeks and was in the hospital. He is back at the nursing home now, but on thrice weekly dialysis treatments that are hard. I just wanted to mention that, because I have taken a leave of absence from some of the teams I am on, and wanted to let you know why you wouldn't be seeing some of those designs from me in October. To those that have sent notes to me, thanks for your concern and prayers! :)


Stamps: Happy Halloween (CGDS)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Whisper White, LSS DP
Ink: Palette Noir Black, C-1, C-3, C-5 Copics, Old Olive (collar)
Accessories: Nestabilities, orange grosgrain ribbon, black brads, Halloween brad

10 comments:

  1. Very festive Judy, that paper is fun!
    Enjoy today at the comp. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word...franken-kitty! I cannot even stand how ADORABLE this is Judy! FAB card!!
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad! big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't known about your dad - sorry to hear that, Judy. I'll be thinking of him and the family over the next while. Hope the weather stayed good for you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Dialysis is never easy. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cat is too cute! The dp is really yummy too. I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is not well. Please know that you are in my thoughts. {hugs} Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Dad, I know how hard that can be. I'll add him to my prayer list. Your card is adorable! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card - Judy!!! The DP is really fun!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!