Saturday, October 10, 2009

We Got Snow!

My friend Deb is in Hawaii this week. She is welcoming home her son, who has been in Iraq for the last year. His sisters, mom and dad all went over for awhile to help his wife of a year and a half welcome him home. Last Sunday, as I was wishing her well, she says to me, "I hope it snows while we are gone. Then I can appreciate the weather more." It had been a beautiful fall up to that point.

Today Deb got what she wanted, and boy, will she hear about it! :)
It started snowing just about the time the football game was over last night, and my daughter came home after marching the halftime show. It snowed all night and most of the morning. We don't have a lot of it, but it's THERE. And NOT in Hawaii! In fact, right now, it's 28 degrees in my back yard and 82 in Hawaii. Hmmmm.......

Tonight my daughter's high school band marches in an out-of-town field competition. Their time on the field is 9:45 p.m. I hope those trumpet players know about lips and vaseline and metal -- My daughter plays the baby bass drum.

When I was about five years old (and we had metal ice trays with a big handle on the top - I know some of you will remember those) I thought it would be cool to lick the ice tray out of the freezer -- it would be like a popsicle. NOT. It's a good thing tongues heal. And I am thankful for plastic ice trays!

To celebrate today's Nebraska snow, and 82 degrees in Hawaii, here is a card I made using one of the new September 16 Chicken Girl Design Stamps releases. Take a sneak peek (click on the photo for a close-up to see the scored background!):


Jannie Ho designed this set, and if you are not familiar with her work, you MUST check out her blog. She has the most delightful illustrations in children's books, not to mention a lot of other cool stuff on her blog. AND she has two new stamp sets coming out on the 16th, carried exclusively by i {heart} papers. I love these sets, and I know you will too!

My little polar bear has just tossed his first snowball of the season and he is ready for more! He has Diamond Stickles on his hat, feet (he is standing in snow, of course), and the snowball. Designer paper is Eskimo Kisses by Basic Grey, also available at IHP. I LOVE this paper!


Be sure to check out these team members' blogs this week for more peeks at this darling sets!

Kendra
Loretta
Lori
Merry
Natasha
Shannon
Shelly
Tammy
Kate

Thanks for stopping by today. I won't begrudge Deb her snow - or good weather. I mean, after all, her son has been in Iraq for the last year. And I thank him from the bottom of my heart.


Stamps: It's a Snowy Day (Chicken Girl Design Stamps)
Paper: PTI White, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Eskimo Kisses DP (Basic Grey)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
Accessories: snowflake brad (The Paper Studio), Pretty in Pink wide grosgrain ribbon (SU!), red snowflake ribbon (American Crafts), Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, snowflake sticker, Scor-Pal

16 comments:

  1. Oh my this is such a cute and fun holiday card!! I love these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Judy! I'm just a wee bit jealous! I can't wait for a little snow! Up until Christmas I long for it... after that... not so much! Can't believe it's that cold though!!! Wow! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Judy and I am soooooo jealous of your snow!!!! Although it's cold at night over here now it's still quite warm in the day. Roll on the depths of winter lol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness Judy! Snow already! In Florida we're still in stifling heat! I thought I was gonna melt at the Pumpkin Patch the other day! LOVE your adorable Eskimo Kisses Polar Bear card! He just makes me smile! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story....I think?!?!!? I love snow and so miss it here in the south with an occasional flurry. I cannot believe you are LUCKY enough to have snow already!!!! (Do not throw anything at me...it will only bounce back at you...hee hee!!!)

    Super cute card, Judy!!! I am thrilled to hear a son is home from Iraq!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very cute and fun!
    Glad you got your snow, but you can keep it. lol I don't want it yet. Very cool her son is home safely! Enjoy the time with sis in town. HUGS>....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, snowing here too....little bits over the past few days...it's SO early for snow!

    But I love your warm and fun card...perfect paper for this fun bear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SNOW!!!! You have to be kidding me!!!! I still have the AC clicking on here!!!!!

    Your card is just adorable, Judy!! Love that polar bear...it is perfectly paired with this DP!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh too cute!! What a darling polar bear card!

    Sorry ... I'm just not a snow fan .... except in photos. I'm sure that I was actually "meant" to live in Hawaii ... but there must have been a wee glitch! hee hee

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy you are so freaking hysterical! AND your card is ADORABLE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well we got a dusting of snow here in Wisconsin too, highly unusual for it to snow before November! I'm really not happy about it, especially considering the cold summer we had. Ugh! Anyway, love your card. I never would have thought of using DP as a background scene. Its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I love that paper with this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sorry to hear you have snow already-we are expecting our first frost tonite in Pittsburgh-my flowers will be gone-oh well-love this card and the dsp

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Love the look of being in the neighborhood!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!