Friday, June 17, 2011

A Fun Challenge Casing Amy

Today's challenge at Splitcoaststampers Free for All is to case one of your stamping friends.
Amy Sheffer was long (and still is) my stamping hero. It was so fun to meet her at CHA a couple of years ago and be roommates! She is so sweet and talented and I very blatantly copied her pinwheel card HERE.

I did stick to the "case rules" and changed a few things - my designer paper brand, an extra layer, and I added a little curled flag to the sentiment. I used some of my favorite Stella and Rose papers - Mabel Papers - for the background and pinwheel. Amy had a little corrugated flower behind her pinwheel buttons. I corrugated some Bronze Metallic CS and used my corrugator to make a button mat.  I haven't used a corrugator in years! It was fun! Dust yours off~

The Pinwheel die, Flag die, and sentiment stamp are all by Li'l Inkers Designs.
Pinwheels cheer me right up!

We had a lovely rain this last night and this morning. I absolutely LOVE morning rain showers. No wind, just nice steady rain, for about 30-45 minutes. My tomatoes and lettuce, and new redbud tree loved it! Tomorrow I will try to post some pictures of my container gardens. Just three containers, but it's enough for us!

Other challenges for this card:
AiFactory - summer fun - buttons and bows (twine bows and buttons)
Art Impressions Stamps - buttons and bows
Aud Sentiments Challenge - summertime
Crafty Purple Frog - favorite things (twine, lace)
Stampin' B's - border punch
Alota Rubber Stamps - summertime

Stamps: Sentiment Flags and Pinwheels by Li'l Inker Designs
Paper: Bronze Metallic by Prism, Stella & Rose Mabel Papers by My Mind's Eye, Sage Shadow
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: corrugator, buttons, twine, lace, Fiskars Corner Edger Scissors, Pinwheel and Flag dies (Li'l Inker), EK Success border punch

15 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. I love the pinwheel. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovey card! Perfect balance and cute lace! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Alota Rubberstamps Challenge Blog!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC creation, WOW I LOVE these colors Judy and that pinwheel is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this fun card, Judy...especially that darling pinwheel! So excited to join you on the Rubbernecker DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card!

    Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these pin wheels Judy this is one fabulous card love the colours you have chosen to work with a great card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card. The pinwheel is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Judy, this is beyond INCREDIBLE. Kind of speechless here. WOW, your pinwheel and details are absolute perfection! You did a terrific job on the StampinB challenge to use a border punch. Thanks for playing with us this week. Pam-DT-StampinB

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO CUTE!

    Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely creation. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautifully done, Judy....thanks for playing with the Stampin B's

    ReplyDelete
  12. THANK YOU FOR JOINING AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice card! Thanks for adding your card to the Alota Rubber Stamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!