Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fall Splendor

I am still enjoying the beauty of our fall season. We have had some lovely colors this year and very moderate temperatures. The other day on my walk I was able to take a few pictures of the changing leaves. So today I wanted to share a fall card.
I decided to use (loosely) the Telescoping Image Technique that Holly showed on Splitcoast last week. It is a very cool look as she shows it. I wanted to also try veering off slightly and not have my images "match up" exactly. It is a variation!
My images are from the Fall Trilogy set by Rubbernecker Stamps. Robert Frost is my favorite poet and I love this quote from his poem "The Road Not Taken." I used to use Kaleidacolor pads all the time, and haven't in over a year, so pulled out my Late November (Stampin' Up!) pad I have had forever. And yep, there is still ink! :)
There are so many beautiful ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon that I could have chosen for my card, but I decided to go with a little bit more rustic look. I chose Jute String in Natural to complement my stamped images. I love the texture and look of this Jute. It comes in sixteen different colors, so you are sure to find a color that suits your project!

For a close-up view, click on either photo. Thanks for stopping by today! Watch for Blog Hops from both Rubbernecker Stamps and Really Reasonable Ribbon right here on November 13!

Challenges for this card:
Crafting for all Seasons - texture
Jen's Digi Stamps - Autumn/Fall 
Heart Song Inspirations - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Colors of Fall: Red, Orange, Yellow, Brown
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet - must include Kraft cardstock - Give Thanks


Stamps: Fall Trilogy Set by Rubbernecker Stamps
Paper: Always Artichoke, More Mustard, Night of Navy, PTI White and Kraft
Ink: Late November Kaleidacolor (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories and Tools: Rectangle dies (Spellbinders), leaf brad (The Paper Studio), journaling tag (K & Co.), Sizzix embossing folder, Natural Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), sewing machine,

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card! It's so Creative! I love it!! Thanks for Playing with us at Jens Digi Stamps!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    JDS-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Judy! Love how you've used the twine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card! love the layers of leaves. We have had a beautiful fall in Indiana as well. Had our first snow last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Judy! I love the colours! :)

    Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week :)
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I just love the twine! Thanks for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is fantastic. I love your choice of Jute string.

    ReplyDelete
  7. popping back in to say "congrats" on being featured at The Kraft Journal. Love this card. I'll have to check out the blog hops you listed, looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! The way you wrapped that yarn is just so creative and eye catching!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Jen's Digi Stamps current challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!