Friday, June 8, 2012

Yikes! A One-Layer Card!

A few weeks back, I chose Heather Telford as SCS's Featured Stamper 274. Her gallery is simply stunning! A treat for the eyes, for sure. Heather has a wonderful way with sponging and masking and I wanted to try to create a one-layer card using one of her cards to case. I chose this beautiful card and kept the same theme and layout, but changed the colors and images. Here is what I came up with:
I masked off the section I wanted to sponge with painter's tape and then added my Flourish and sentiment from Rubbernecker Stamps. A trio of silver half pearls finished off the design. I like how it turned out! I am definitely more comfortable with layers, but this has gotten me out of my comfort zone!


Have a wonderful weekend!


Stamps: Flourish #3 SKU:611-03 and Phrase set SKU:626 by Rubbernecker Stamps  
Paper: Neenah Solar White 
Ink: Melon Mambo and Memento Tuxedo Black  
Accessories: Mark Richards silver half pearls

2 comments:

  1. One layer cards are the absolute hardest for me. You make it look easy Judy! Love the colors and design! Fabbylicious card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your one-layer card is beautiful! Masking the side design makes it look layered! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!