Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Happy Hello

Today is my first post with the CottageCutz Design Team. I am so happy to be joining such a talented team of artists -- and such sweet personalities too!

I am sharing a valentine I made for my college sophomore daughter. I used Elephant Peeker, Picket Fence Border, and the Scalloped Doily for my dies.

 
My little elephant is a girl, so she has painted her toes pink! I hand cut the little tag, punched a hole, and added a little stamped sentiment ("a happy hello") from Stampin' Up! 

The Sherbert Satin Ruffle ribbon and Raspberry Baker's Twine are from Really Reasonable Ribbon. Check out the THREE DAY SALE going on at Really Reasonable Ribbon right now! The felt flower is by Bride's. Oh do I love pink~!

My sketch is based on Deconstructed Sketch #83:
My daughter lives 700 miles away, so I hope this little sweet elephant brings her some sweet love and cheer in her mailbox!





On another fun note, THIS CARD won a prize (Meljen images) at Dream Valley Challenges - randomly chosen out of 480 entries -- kinda fun for odds like that!

Challenges for this card: 
Send a Smile for Kids - Valentine 4 Kids 
Brown Sugar - Thinking of/Missing You 
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Something new (dies)
Incy Wincy Designs - Something New (dies) 
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes   
Stamp and Create - Love 
Whoopsi Daisy - Die Cuts & Punches 
One Stitch At A Time - Something New (dies) 

Quirky Crafts - Something New with Pink (dies) 
The Pink Elephant Monday Card Challenge - Celebrate
Totally Stampalicious - Buttons & Bows

Stamps: Stampin' Up!
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette (SU!), White (Georgia Pacific), This and That Graceful DP (Echo Park)
Ink: Copics, Melon Mambo, Sakura White Glaze pen
Accents and Tools: Elephant Peeker, Picket Fence Border, Scalloped Doily dies (CottageCutz), eyelet, Sherbert Satin Ruffle ribbon and Raspberry Baker's Twine (RRR), pink gems (Studio G), felt flower (Bride's)

15 comments:

  1. Hi Judy - this is a beautiful card and is sure to brighten your daughter's day! I love the elephant, especially the painted toes! Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Anything Goes" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm sat on the sofa next to a stuffed elephant and wearing elephant earrings, so needless to say, I LOVE this card! Thank you for entering it into the Quirky Crafts challenge!
    Daire (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cute elephant! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card!! Thanks so much for playing along with Brown Sugar, he hope you join us again!!
    Alice B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy, this is soooo cute! I love that picket fence too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card! so sweet and so original! thanks for playing with Whoopsi Daisy this week! good luck! Ghest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! That elephant is adorable!!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch At A Time! Good luck :) I hope we see you again next week!!!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is too cute! That little elephant is beyond adorable and you did a beautiful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, fab elephant and gorgeous design. Love the pretty pink too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally adorable, Judy! thanks for joining the fun at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Thanks for joining our "DIE CUTS AND PUNCHES" challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Hope to see you in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this elephant is absolutely adorable. Love the design with the fence and pink toes too. Thanks for playing at Incy Wincy and Whoopsi Daisy and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for some new challenges. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!