Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Waterlilies - Timeless Tuesday #226: Make A Splash!

It's Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge #226 and Broni is our lovely hostess. Her challenge to us is to create a card or project using watercolor, water scenes, colors of water, etc. I cheated just a little and used a WATERLILY with a sort of water scene.... you just can't see the water :)
Hopefully my teammates won't kick me out the door!
I stamped my images from the Waterlilies stamp set in Memento Black Ink and then colored in with Copic markers from the Hollyhock Collection and the New Leaves Collection . I used Mauve Rose Seam Binding and crinkled it up for my ribbon and bow.
My green and pink designer paper has been scored all around each edge using my Scor-Buddy. I added some bling using pearls and rhinestones, stick pins, and a little beaded charm I made.

Five years ago, on a trip to visit my son, I found a little book that I love called It's Never Too Late. You can read the original post here (and see what an awful photographer I was then for my cards haha!). I thought I would start sharing some of the little inspirational words each week on my blog, and today's card sentiment reminded me of this one:

It's Never Too Late

to love life

Consider the alternative

Have the time of your life.
It's up to you.
You can live flat out.
Or you can slowly rust.
Be the best you can.

"Life is short and time is swift." -- Proverb


Read all about the challenge here and join us! Be sure to visit the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Team to see what they have made!




12 comments:

  1. Love all the details Judy. Very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, Judy...this is beautiful! I think a waterlily is definitely water inspired! :) Your colors are lovely and that sweet handmade charm is gorgeous! The little arc of gems around the waterlily really finish it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO beautiful Judy! LOVE this image, your coloring and the fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kicking you out the door!! NOT!!! This is beautiful, Judy! It IS a WATERlily, after all! I love all the die cut layers and the gorgeous ribbon treatment you added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully crafted. Great design and attention to detail. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Berni, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy this is stunning! And, it never occurred to me that a waterlily wasn't "water" inspired. LOL! I actually thought about using a watermelon image! I just love how you colored the lily and layered it for depth, and that charm you made is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not cheating... that's gorgeous!!!! Love that you jumped outside the box - I think water lilies are WATER related! LOL! Stunning card creation this week for sure Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Judy! I love all the pink and that ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!YES! WATERLILIES are affiliated with WATER!!!!!! LOL THIS is WONDERFUL!LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the PINK!!!!!!! THIS IS SOOOOO LOVELY!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!