Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Little Leaf and A Lot of Fun

On Monday I hosted the Splitcoaststampers Technique Challenge. I challenged stampers to use real leaves on their projects - no leaf stamps allowed. What a beautiful gallery of different types of leaves. You should check it out and then play along!

There is no "one" way to stamp with leaves. You can use a brayer, or your hands, or run it through a machine, or use a rolling pin!
I chose one leaf from the elm tree in my back yard. I pressed it into my inks and then again brayered it with Banana ink, then Pumpkin, then Artichoke, all without cleaning the brayer in between. The sentiment was stamped in Pumpkin and was such an appropriate saying for me, as I am made a life changing decision this week, and will gain the great! Keep reading.

I have been teaching music for over 30 years, with the last 12 being where I live now, in an elementary school. This week I took a leave of absence from that job so that I could care for my mother, who has become critically ill. We are sharing some wonderful times and I am so blessed that I am able to do this. It will be a challenge in many ways, but a blessing to us both. "Gain the great."
I have also stepped down from some design teams that I love, but felt the need to free up some time right now. I will continue to post and make cards, as it is a wonderful, creative outlet that I need and love!

Come play along in the Leaf Stamping Technique Challenge! Only real leaves this week!

5 comments:

  1. Bless you for making this step in caring for your Mom. You, indeed, have chosen the better path. Joy to you and to your Mom, even in the face of illness and challenges.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Judy. Funny, I had picked up a really lovely leaf yesterday, thinking I would use it in a project. Now, I will have too! You're in my thoughts and prayers as you care for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!
    This is really cool!!
    Almost better than any stamp!

    May God bless you in the time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful leaf card Judy! I remember creating that same type look as a child with crayons. Wonderful memory.

    All the best to you with your life changing decision. What a wonderful opportunity to have that time with your Mom - despite her troubles; may your time together be fulfilling for you both.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!