Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Sketch, A Tutorial, and My Favorite Flowers


It's Thursday and that means a new sketch
at The Deconstructed Sketch
Plus I have a tutorial to show you, which I have dubbed "Air Smash."
It is a take on the fun Spray and Smash Technique.
I used Sheena's Paint Fusion Poppies from Crafter's Companion 
for my images and Tim Holtz Distress Reinkers in
Barn Door, Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey.

My cardstock is High Gloss
I stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, Not all of the inks were dry, so some of the inside of the flowers have raised clear powder on them. I liked how it gave the flowers some texture. Don't worry if it isn't totally dry! If you don't have canned air (I got mine at Office Max), try a straw!
Add any embellishments you like (Butterfly by The Paper Studio) and some pretty designer paper (Bo Bunny's Enchanted Collection) and you are all done! Here is the picture of Step 4 side-by-side:
 I have another piece to save for later!

 
To play along, here’s the scoop on what you need to do:
1. Use the sketch up top to make a project, any kind you like using any image you like. Use the sketch to inspire your own creativity. Feel free to substitute shapes for what you have available and mount tags and circles to a card base if you’d prefer.
2. Post it somewhere on the internet (your blog, SCS, Flickr, etc). Use keyword DS136 if you post to an online gallery like Splitcoaststampers.
3. Link back here to Inlinkz at the bottom of the post HERE.
4. Be sure to stop back by net week to see if you are one of the featured projects!





Be sure to check out the rest of the fun inspiration from The Deconstructed Sketch Girls! And welcome to Joanne!!




 

8 comments:

  1. Wow Judy, this is fantastic! I love the colors, I'll have to give this a go! Thanks for sharing, and for the awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this is GORGEOUS, Judy!! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome technique with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am a huge fan of the poppy and your card just reinforced that love. What a fun technique for this stamp. Love the color you got for the flower, it's gorgeous. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love poppies...love the way you have coloured your...beautiful card...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, and thanks for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tute, beautiful colors and perfect card for the sketch!!! LOVE it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!