Friday, January 24, 2014

Key to My Heart -- With a Twist

Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. Yes, I have said that many times. It just makes my heart happy. Today's valentine packs some color punch, but was so easy to make. You can find so many fun valentine things at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store!
First off, I like to use Christmas paper year round. I mean, would you have known this was from a Christmas pad? Be sure to look at your supplies and get the most use out of them that you can! I am sure there are many of you that also do this! Here is the paper pad that I used (Webster's Pages It's Christmas - on sale for $3!):
I LOVE the fact that the sheets are loose and not bound together, that they are heavier cardstock weight, and double-sided! Sharon has MANY Webster's Pages patterns in the store here.
I stamped my sentiment and keys (JustRite Clear Stamp - Antique Valentine Tags One - also on sale!) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I attached my beautiful Red Wrinkled Edge Sheer Ribbon (LOVE it! SO many colors available) and tied around the front panel with a big bow. The hearts were cut using Spellbinders Classic Heart dies. Finally I used a piece of Tim Holtz grungeboard (similar to pliable chipboard) in a key hole shape and embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder. I colored it red and stamped with VersaMark watermark ink prior to embossing. Sharon carries a beautiful selection of chipboard here.

A little bling with Red Rhinestones (Kaisercraft) finish the project.
My adhesives are 1/8" and  1/2" Scor-Tape,  Scrapbook Adhesives-3L E-Z Runner and Thermoweb 3D Foam Squares

Sharon has bins full of fabulous sale items at amazing prices! Go check it all out HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!







Challenges: 
Artistic Stampers - Love is in the Air
The Stamping Boutique – Valentines 
Papertake Weekly - Add A Bow & Use A Die
Party Time Tuesdays - Use Ribbon
 City Crafter Challenge - Use A Key & A Heart
 Add a Little Dazzle - Red 
WordArt Wednesdays - Anything goes 
4 Crafty Chicks - Bling 
Delightful Challenges - (include a heart)
 

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous valentine, Judy!! Love the stack of hearts and the lock & key!! I totally could not tell it was Christmas paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL and it packs a colorful punch! Thank you for posting this outstanding project with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson,
    Word Art Wednesday
    PS Remember you can enter 5 pieces of art each week which gives you five chances to win one of our very sweet prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful!!!! I love how you used the Christmas paper, it works!!!Thank you for sharing your creation and joining in with the fun at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect Valentines card! Beautiful ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I love the bow - it is perfect! Thank you for joining us at The Stamping Boutique!! Hope you'll join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely key and heart card. I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with TSB

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with TSB !

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun, using Christmas papers for Valentine - great idea! I love your key hole and the perfect sentiment of course!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card hun, love the layout & the stamped keys ....great idea!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's beautiful! Love that background paper with the keys! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very lovely looking card, Thanks for playing with us over at PTW last week, a new sketchy challenge is up by now.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, G-dt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining in the Artistic Stamper challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Judy!! I love that you used Christmas paper :) Love the stack of hearts, keys and bling! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking card. Love the bow. Thanks for joining our You Have My Heart Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    Design Team
    Delightful Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love it!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!