Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Bold and Big

I love this bold and big stamp from Stampin' Up! And how quick and easy to make this background using my craft mat, distress ink (Mermain Lagoon), and water! 

I dragged the ink across the mat, sprayed, and then lay my white cardstock in the wet ink. Once dry, I stamped the "just for you" with VersaMark ink and embossed with a combination of silver and black embossing powder for a kind of ombre look. It gets lighter as it goes down the page. I added the second part of the sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then adhered everything to Kraft cardstock.

An easy card with a bold and big statement!
Challenges: 
Fab 'n' Funky -  Male Birthday 
Wonderful Wednesdays - Always Anything Goes 
WordArt Wednesdays Anything Goes 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely greeting. Thank you so much for joining our 220th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Your creation is inspiring and very beautiful. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. I really wish I could make a background like that, looks fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Judy!
    What a fabulous card. Your participation in our challenges means SO much to me, and I can thank you enough for playin along with us. I hope you have a blessed week, and that you will join us again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. For another fun challenge, please join us at CropStop - www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design!! The water colored background is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining our WW challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the watercolored background!! Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday Challenge! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bold and big stamps makes such a big and bold statement. TFS! kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your background on this card, and the fact that you have used the sentiment as the main focal point - absolutely perfect for a man!

    Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bold font! Sweet card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!