Monday, October 6, 2008

EEK!


For our House Mouse & Friends Challenge this week, we were to make a Halloween card. I love this little mousie dressed up like a fierce bat. He has the cutest little fangs - I think they are hard to see in this picture, but they are so "fierce"! I got this great background paper on my trip to North Carolina when I went shopping with my friend, Deb {beadn&stampn}. It's a Heidi Grace design. Some of the bats have glitter on their wings, so I added a bit to my mouse's bat wings. I put a piece of it on the inside (which you can see a little bit of) to carry the design to the inside, which says "Have a very MICE Halloween!" The brads in the corners are by The Paper Studio.

A few weeks ago, Monica (Hambo Stamps) sent her Design Team two fun stamps and a challenge to come up with a project showcasing those stamps. The neat thing about it is that the thumbprint is actually from Monica's thumb! She will have fun stuff with these stamps all week long, so be sure to head on over to "Talk to the Ham" and get a glimpse of what she made too! None of us have discussed what anyone has made, so we will have to see if we had the same ideas! Libby and MacKenzie are having "Hambo Week" all week long, with lots of cool stuff, so check that out! My Hambo Week will be next month!

Be sure to check out the other Design Team blogs and see what they came up with as well:





And here is mine:


I used my Heidi Grace paper again, and carried the spider idea over into the thumbprint stamp. His eyes are tiny white brads (CTMH) on which I drew little black pupils with a Sharpie marker. This was a fun challenge, and I will have a few more projects with these two stamps later this week!

Have a GREAT Monday!


22 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Judy! I probably thought of 100 different things to make with the fingerprint, and yet a spider wasn't one of them. SO stinkin' CUTE! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute...I love his sparkly wings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable Judy!! I love how you made the eyes from the tiny brads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so cute and fun. Love the eyes for the spider, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, your HM card is adorable! This looks like Monica. She is the smallest of the mice, presumably Amanda's little sister. She looks so cute in her little bat wings, and the paper is perfect with it. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOODNESS!!! That thumb-spider is just TOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!
    (almost as good as Monica's sperm--man, that just sounds wrong--Monica's sperm)

    That HM card is adorable, too!!

    You definately have CUTE down for halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card!!!!! I love that little bat (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these cards are so cute! I love the house mouse because I mean who doesn't?, but that thumb thing is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your HM card, and I have to say as much as I hate spiders I love your spider card too, great job. :) They are both so cute, well cute isn't the right word for Halloween cards, but they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards!
    The thumb-spider is adorable!
    Els
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, wonderful cards!!! I am a wee bit partial to the House Mouse {grin}. I love the glittery bat wings, and your gorgeous layout:o) Another fabulously fun card:o)

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two awesome Halloween cards! That HM bat just gives my tummy butterflis, he's sooooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my gosh, what cute little cards. I love how you made a spider with a thumbprint. How creative of you! I love the little brad eyes on the spider and the paper. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Judy, you always come up with the cutest things! I LOVE this House Mouse==soooo sweet, esp with that DP! And the thumb one is very clever too!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEeKKK!! Judy, both of these are spook-a-licous!!! I LOVE HM all dressed up~ "a fierce bat!" heeheeheehehe!! That is TOO cute! His sparkly wings are the best! Your spiders welcome in my home any time, lol :)hugs and tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Judy! I love both these cards, but especially the thumb card! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cardz are awesome! I really like that DP, very cool. Great idea to make the wings orange and sparkly. WOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so neat! I love the spider's eyes! And the little *bat* is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!