Thursday, October 17, 2013

EEK!

If you follow my blog, you know it has been awhile since I have posted anything - and awhile since I have made anything. My sweet mom, Ruth Ann Matthews, was admitted to the hospital the last week of September and passed away September 30. We miss her dearly. She loved papercrafting and making cards and we enjoyed stamping together! She especially liked making little gift packages and treat bags and would have enjoyed this fun little bag.
A quick little Halloween treat bag, this design has no stamping! I used Bo Bunny's Fright Delight 6x6 and cut out one of the little dressed up skeletons on one of the patterned papers for my little tag. It is mounted on another pattern in the 6x6 pad, and then cut out with Spellbinders Petite Scallop Circle dies. I added a little bow with Orange and White Baker's Twine. A cute little paper doily from Wilton and some Kaisercraft orange rhinestones finished the look.
The Polka Dot Bitty Bag makes it so easy and fast and is a generous 6 1/4" x 9 1/4". I wrapped it with 1 1/2" Black and Orange Gingham ribbon, which has a nice, flexible wired edge for shaping. The Prima Pom Poms in orange added a fun texture and some glittery chipboard letters from my stash made a fun finish.
There are so many fun Halloween papers, ribbons, and other goodies at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store that are on SALE! Be sure to have a visit and check it out!
 ON SALE ~~~ Find Halloween themed items here. ~~~ ON SALE

No Time To Stamp?

Challenges for this project:

7 comments:

  1. So sorry about your loss. This little bag is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute thank you for joining the dtc challenge. hugs and also sorry for your lost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back Judy - it will take time. Just take things slowly for the time being. Your Halloween treat bag is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. My mom is home with The Lord also and I miss her terribly. Keeping you and your family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous Halloween treat bag.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear abt your dear mother. May the Lord grant you comfort and peace during the difficult days ahead and be a Balm of Healing for your grieving heart.
    Hugs to you.
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!