Monday, June 19, 2017

Crinkled Seam Binding

Hey friends! Today I want to share a simple watercolored card. You can't go wrong with a watercolor background and a beautiful sentiment. Add in some gorgeous seam binding and it's a done deal!

My background was made using Kuretake paints on water color paper. I added a couple of color layers inbetween dry times, and then stamped my sentiment (The Stamps of Life) with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. 
To crinkle up my seam binding, I spritz it with water and then ball it up in my hand and place the ball into the corner of a plastic bag. Twist the plastic bag tightly around the ball. Leave the seam binding ball in the bag overnight. The next morning, remove the seam binding from the bag and fluff the ball out. Let it dry thoroughly. Pretty easy!

This is the beautiful Bay Leaf Seam Binding from Really Reasonable Ribbon tied in a double bow at an angle across the card for interest. I added a Resin Flower on top of the knots. I also tucked in a half-doily (Stampin' Up!) under the bows. My layers are held together with 1/2" Scor-Tape on this card.

Monochrome Magic- ANYTHING GOES
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES

5 comments:

  1. So pretty Judy! Love the simplicity and elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card with awesome background and that ribbon is perfect elegant touch...thank you for joining us at ATSM CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy! Your card is beautiful and I'm going to try your watercolor + stamping technique. And I totally love crinkled seam binding! You might remember me from OWH or Hambo days--haven't visited you in 'way too long! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card. Thanks for playing along with me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that dreamy watercolor background - thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!