Sunday, June 25, 2017

Watercolor Rainbows and A Touch of Gold

Hello Friends! Today I have a watercolor background to share:
We had a beautiful full rainbow over our Capitol last week, and it just inspired me to create a rainbow background. I used my Kuretake paints on watercolor paper. When it was dry, I stamped my sentiment (The {Stamps} of Life) in VersaFine Onyx Black ink. 
Since gold is associated with rainbows, I used Metallic Gold Baker's Twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and wrapped it several times around my card, fanning it out. I then tied all the pieces together with a half bow and added some sequins (Pretty Posh) for sparkle! All of my layers are held together with Scor-Tape and Foam Tabs.

That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. A lovely card, thanks for sharing with Creative Lady Birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple yet effective. Really striking card. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes Challenge
    Good luck
    DT Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative-Ladybirds Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful. I love your use of watercolours and use of embellishments. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 'Anything Goes' June 2017.
    Nicola, CGE DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!