Sunday, June 24, 2007

Promises to keep

“You see, I have set my rainbow in the sky. This will be the sign of the covenant I have made with you and all creatures, never again to destroy the earth by a flood. It will always remind us of the promise between you and me.” (Genesis 9:12-16; paraphrased)

This picture was taken a few days ago while I was standing on my back steps...
One of my favorite poets is Robert Frost. His words create such beautiful pictures in my mind as I read. One of his most familiar poems is also one of my favorites:

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

So what does all this have to do with stamping? Nothing, really! Except that I promised myself that I would stamp a card today and update my blog! I just like poetry and photography and stamping~

As artists we should promise to always give credit to the ones who give us inspiration for our work -- whether that be poetry, photography, music, or stamping! I was inspired today by our Featured Stamper, Cambria Turnbow. You can see the card I cased here (as long as the SCS site is working, anyway!). I changed the colors and sentiments, but kept everything else similar, as Paint Prints is my all-time favorite set!

4 comments:

  1. Some my favorite colors and definitely my all-time favorite stamp set! Beautiful! That is also one of the poems I especially like. We have a lot in common!

    Beautiful rainbow picture. I've noticed that you seem to have a gift for framing your pics artistically and shooting great images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favourite poems too!!! I LOVE it!! And your card is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We memorized that poem in elementary school (Lincoln Christian) and I've never forgotten it. When I'm stressed and have a ton of things to do before I can stop, in my mind, I refer to these demands as "miles to go before I sleep". I think Mr Frost is suggesting it is good to stop and enjoy the beauty of nature around you, no matter how busy you are.
    Thank you. You provided just that respite this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!