Thursday, January 3, 2008
We have some lovely lilacs along our property. In fact, one whole side of it is lined with them. In the late spring, they bloom prolifically and their fragrance fills our backyard with their fabulous scent.
I long for them, as our temperature right now is 9 degrees. I look out at their branches and it's hard to believe that they will bloom again in the midst of the wind and snow. But I know they will. Now that we have turned over to the new year, Spring is closer!!
Here is a picture from last spring. They look like they are trying to be hydrangeas, but they really are lilacs! 75 feet of them!
Stamps: Lilac by Great Impressions
Paper: SU WC, Elegant Eggplant, Brocade BG DP, DCWV Old World Matstack
Ink: Black Stazon, Lovely Lilac, Old Olive, Green Galore, Mellow Moss
Accessories: aqua brush, Photo Corner punch, Olive organdy, charms (3), sponge dauber
I was tagged by my friend DEBI (click to see her blog). The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, as we all want to know them. (What?? lol)
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Well, let's see -- I don't know if I will come up with anything original, or things people don't already know, but I will give it a try!
1) I sang for the Pope at the Vatican when I was 15 years old. I'm not even Catholic!
2) I don't know how to swim, but I love to fish from boats! And I will even clean my own fish and I love to eat fish!
3) I have a comfort zone of about 10 degrees - 75 to 85 would be perfect. Now why do I live somewhere where it is NINE????
4) I love to crochet, play the piano, surf the net, and rubber stamp. Is it any wonder that I suffer from carpal tunnel? Surgery is looming.....
5) If I could buy a new car, it would be a Toyota Prius. Lime green or white, with blue flames. I am sure my teens think I am too old for that kind of car design.
6) I love Pretzelmaker pretzel bites warm from the oven, and Parmesan pretzels with lots of cheese!
7) I am married to my soul mate - the love of my life.
Now to tag some others.....
Amanda - One of the nicest people I know!
Angel - Just celebrated her birthday after a big move across the ocean!
Chat - Blog candy!! Check it out! Chat does fabulous layouts and has such neat details on her cards.
Dawn - Shares great stories on her blog about her life!
Tosh - You have to check out Tosh's cards, if you haven't before. She does amazing layouts that are really eye-catching. Today she has a great technique too!
You can find their blogs listed in the sidebar to the right!