Friday, March 7, 2008

Quick Minis Using Scraps....and Blog Candy on Sunday!

I love it any time I am challenged to use scraps -- and some of the prettiest and cutest things come from them. I like to crochet and my favorite afghans are those where I have used scrap yarn. (I also like to eat leftovers! lol)

This little card is made from leftovers and was a much needed little project as we woke up to snow (yet again) and MINUS 16 degree temps.
Think Spring, Chickies!!!

I used my slit punch and the DP to make a matching scallop border down the right side of the card.
Stamps: Springtime Smiles, Think Spring (Penny Black)
Paper: Barely Banana, American Crafts DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, Lavender Lace, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Primas, scallop punches, slit punch, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

My second card:

I really tried to make this work for yesterday's Computer Challenge too, but the sentiment was a little too big. So it is on the inside and says:

"Guess What? You're going to be an Aunt!!"

I made this for a friend who just found out she is expecting (her first!).

The background is stamped with Chicken Wire. The sky is sponged with a dauber using Bliss Blue and the edges are sponged with Apricot Appeal. This is approx. 3" x 2".
Stamps: Chicken by Hambo Stamps, Chicken Wire by SU!, Ant by Rubber Stampede, Ground by CTMH
Paper: Ruby Red, Color Me Silly Basic Grey DP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Yoyo Yellow, Going Gray, Bliss Blue, Sage Shadow, Gable Green, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: plaid ribbon, yellow brads, corner rounder, computer (for inside sentiment), sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

And now for the Blog Candy -- I don't have a lot of subscribers, or even visitors, but I do have some very faithful people who come here (and some of those are subsribers!) to see what I have made and to read whatever gibbety gib I post. I have had the good fortune to win some blog candy this month, which I am anxiously awaiting so I can play with it! Now it is time to pay it forward. On Sunday, my daughter will turn 15. I can't believe she is growing up so fast! So to celebrate her birthday, my 10,000 visitor (a few days back!), and my blog candy win, I will be giving away some fun stuff on Sunday, March 9th. Be sure to check back and see what you need to do to win!

3 comments:

  1. Both are terrific but I really love the nice spring colors on the first one! The sentiment on the second one is fantastic! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickens and chickies! What fun cards! (love the "aunt" sentiment too!)
    Great job Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so, so cute! I love the hen sitting on eggs for an "expecting" card! And those cute little chickies! Running for the worms?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!