Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fabric and Paper = Eye Candy for a Crafter

Fabric is kind of like paper for me (almost, but not quite!). I love to look at (and touch) beautiful fabrics! I do sew, and like every seamstress, I have oodles of fabrics stacked up waiting to be cut and sewn into gorgeous outfits, pillows, or curtains. But it's like my Designer Paper. I just like to look at it and never end up using as much as I should. So there it sits, being hoarded and useless -- except for providing eye candy. Which sometimes is pretty nice, don't you think? Just to look at something for the sheer joy of its beauty? That's my rationalization, anyway, for not sewing and using my DP! ;)

Today's SCS Inspiration Challenge gave me the opportunity to look at some beautiful fabrics. I couldn't choose just one, so I chose three swatches:
#1
#2
#3

The little "peace" charm is attached with silver cord. The image from Embrace Life is watercolored using an aqua brush and dye inks pads. I had a bit of lace trim and added that to represent the edging on the full quilt piece. The main panel is raised on dimensionals.

For my layout, I chose Beate's weekend sketch HERE.

It's Never Too Late

to find peace

Nobody can prevent you from finding peace.
Unless you empower them.
If something is stopping you from reaching it,
act on it.
If it's outside your powers,
stop worrying about it.
Peace comes from within.
Search inside yourself.

"A peace above all earthly dignities,
A still and quiet conscience."
-- William Shakespeare

Stamps: Embrace Life by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Going Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Sahara Sand, SU! watercolor, Rose Red POP DP, Basic Grey Perhaps DP
Ink: Basic Gray, Rose Red, Purely Pomegranate, Mauve Mist (retired)
Accessories: aqua brush, gray brads, lace trim by Making Memories, silver cord, "peace" charm
Techniques: watercolor

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog quite by accident. I'm so glad I did. Your cards are gorgeous. I've added your blog to mine. I hope that's OK?
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! You are soooo good at this. (Perhaps a mind meld for me, to help me become more inspired???) I reeeeally like the colors. Going to have to get some mono SU DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Inspiration card!! I love those fabric swatches too!! I would love to learn how to sew....even bought my daughter a sewing machine and a serger....and we still don't know how to use them!! LOL And thank you for that poem....what a lovely thought for the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilted texture and the charm. Did you notice the picture in this month's Paper Crafting with Photos? There is a nice photo of giraffes incorporated in a project. I thought of you. If you want it, I'll zip it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...I love how you mixed the different patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!! I just received my Janome mini!! Can't wait to start stitching!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card! The lacy ribbon and the charm are perfect additions!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is absolutely stunning!!! Love everything about it...and that charm is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!