Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Snails are Making a Comeback!


Okay seriously, isn't it funny how some creatures that we wouldn't particularly like in real-life are becoming such popular stamp images? Take bees, for example. I love bee rubber stamps, bee knicknacks, bee balm! But I am allergic to the real things! They sting me and it's not good. :)
And slugs! Who wants to see a slug in their house? I am not sure I would want to see one in my garden, even! And frogs.....and mice.....and snails!! For today's SCS Sketch Challenge, by the time I had uploaded my card to the gallery, I was the third snail (all different!) there out of 35 cards! 10% snails! And all adorable.

And oops! I numbered my panels wrong when I went downstairs to start making my card. So #3 and #4 are switched.

I love this little snail - he is such a cheerful guy! He is watercolored using ink pads and an aqua brush. Do you think I should add a little glitter on his shell? Maybe along the lines with some Stickles? Or not?

Stamps: Hambo Stamps
Paper: Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal, Almost Amethyst POP DP
Ink: same as above plus Green Galore, Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue
Accessories: lavender brads (American Crafts), paper flowers (Hero Arts), dotted grosgrain (Hobby Lobby), large oval punch and designer label punch (SU)
Techniques: watercolor

Check back later today for some more gab I promised yesterday!

17 comments:

  1. Judy...that is because they draw those snails MUCH cuter than they really are!
    Love your card.
    I also added your blog to my blogroll cuz I "like your stuff" so much.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the layered flowers and the cute snail and sentiment Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cute--i agree...i am not fond of snails OR bees but I love them as stamps ! lol!

    Great card and love your signature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've often thought about that too Judy. Love the images of snails and slugs and worms, etc but the real thing... not so much! lol
    Love your card. Now THAT's a cute snail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable Card!!

    And you asked me on my blog for the template downloaded to get the 3 columns. I am 90% sure it's this website: http://webtalks.blogspot.com/2007/04/downlaod-three-column-new-blogger.html

    I did have to play with the widths for a while to get them the way I wanted it. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Snails are SO IN!!!
    Such a cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colors and stamp choice...that little snail is so CUUUUUUTE!

    ...and I won't tell the challenge police about how #3 and #4 switched places when you weren't looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sure is cute! I like the colors you chose- very spring.

    Snails aren't as bad as those giant slugs in the redwoods. OOOK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the layout switched actually. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO VERY cute card. I love the snail!! Great take on the challenge. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!