Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Hambo Christmas Challenge!


Every time someone on the Hambo DT gets an inkling for a challenge, the game is on! Our last challenge involved using the Fingerprint stamp. I had so much fun with that one. You can see all my Hambo Stamps projects by clicking the Hambo labels link in the sidebar (down a little ways). Our new challenge (suggested by Jane) was to make a Christmas card using a non-Christmas image. We were allowed to use a holiday sentiment, but the image was to be the creative part. Here is what I came up with:


I used my favorite little firefly (or lightning bug, to some) to light up someone's holiday with his "Merry and Bright" wishes! He is stamped twice and then popped up on dimensionals. His wings are covered with Crystal Stickles. The dots around the sentiment border are made with a Bliss Blue Stampin' Up! marker.

Be sure to check out what the other Design Team members did:
Monica (Our fearless leader and owner!)
Jane (Whose crazy idea was this??)
Holly
Libby
MacKenzie

Stamps: Lightning Bug - 1416; Merry and Bright - 0720 (Hambo Stamps)
Paper: Georgia Pacific White, Bashful Blue, Prisma Metallic Silver, unknown DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Yoyo Yellow. Baja Breeze
Accessories: Nestabilities, snowflake brads, silver brads, organdy and grosgrain ribbon, heat gun (to curl ribbon), Crystal and Silver Stickles


16 comments:

  1. I love this card Judy -- and I would have NEVER thought of pairing these two stamps, but they're just PERFECT together! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word... you are brilliant! LOL.. pun intended! This is just too darn cute!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy, this card is very cool! I love the DP and all the Spellbinder layers. The stamp is quite..interesting, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so clever, Judy, the sentiment is perfect for that darling little firefly. We don't have them here, but love seeing them when we're on holidays in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable!!! Love the sparkle in this card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judy, I love your little bug and I even more love the fact you used it on a Christmas card!! So very cute!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that idea and your card, Judy! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How darn cute!!! What a fun little stamp, and I love it as a holiday card!!! This is fabulous!!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy, You card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea, and I am laughing, so perfect!!! Who would of thought to pair up these two,very "bright" indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is awesome! you totally nailed the challenge! hey, i've got a surprise for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute, this sentiment is darling with the lightbulb image. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are so creative! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!