Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fun Hambo Stamps!


I love these two stamps from Hambo Stamps. I think they are so cute and cards could be made to send to a lot of different people - family, friends, teachers~

I used the colors from today's SCS Color Challenge 204 for this card:
Tempting Turquoise
Lovely Lilac
Gable Green
Pink Passion

I love the Bold Brights color family (Stampin' Up!) and don't use them often enough, so this was a perfect challenge! I tweaked the colors a bit, as I was out of Gable Green. This fun designer paper is made by The Paper Studio. The dark green arrow is actually a shiny glossy paper inserted here and there in the design.

The inside of the card is lined with Green Galore and has a strip of Paper Frills by Doodlebug. The front is cut one inch shorter so the Frills show when the card is closed. There is a Pink Passion wash below the globe, and then I added Crystal Stickles for a little shine.

For the second SCS Color Challenge, CC204A, I made this card:

I LOVE this little giraffe, also from Hambo Stamps. He has such a cute expression! The colors for this challenge were:
Cameo Coral, Creamy Caramel and Old Olive. I substituted Kraft and Naturals Ivory for Creamy Caramel in the cardstock, but used it with an aqua brush and reinker to color in the body of my giraffe (spots are Cameo Coral). The "thread" in the buttons (by CTMH) are made with thin paper strips of Cameo Coral.

There are so many cute new releases by Hambo Stamps HERE. Be sure to take a peek!

Stamps: Globe - 2917; You Mean the World - 2928 (Hambo Stamps)
Paper: Green Galore, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, DP by The Paper Studio
Ink: Black Stazon, Green Galore, Pink Passion, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Crystal Stickles, Nestabilities, circle punch, ticket corner punch, green brads, aqua brush, Paper Frills by Doodlebug
Techniques: watercolor

Stamps: Above & Beyond - 2915; Giraffe - 2926 (Hambo Stamps)
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Cameo Coral, Kraft, unknown DP
Ink: Black Stazon, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral, Old olive
Accessories: buttons by CTMH, taupe grosgrain ribbon, Nestabilities, square brads
Techniques: watercolor

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a fantastic job with both color challenges, Judy!! I love the circles behind you sentiment in the first card, and that giraffe is just too adorable in you second card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law loves globes ... I may have to check out those stamps ... what a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun creations!! Love the colors and that giraffe is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!