Friday, March 13, 2009

Snail Stop


I haven't done any new projects yet, but be sure to come back tomorrow to see some new stuff!

An honest evaluation of one's work is always a good thing. This is one of those cards where the longer I look at it, the more I want to change it! But, all artists say you should never go back and fix things. I love this little snail and the sentiment from SUINK. It's from a set called At A Snail's Pace and has some great character!

I like the layout and the colors and the embellishments, but I wish I had put the snail on the ric rac, so it could have been his trail, rather than the Copic C-1 that I used. I also wish I had stamped some flowers for him to be smelling! And I wish I had moved the snail down farther for better balance.

I scored several vertical lines on the Baja Breeze piece, but wished I had scored the other way, where the score would be a "mountain" instead of a "valley" (turned over). But at the time I made this, I thought I would try the valleys. I don't think the scoring shows up well enough.

So, that being said, I am going to make a very similar card tonight and show you the results tomorrow and then you can see what you think and which one you like better. I may end up liking this one more, and that is fine too!

What kinds of things do you wish you had done differently on your latest projects? Maybe you love them just the way they are! Well, I certainly love what Betty and Dina have done today with some beautiful Our Daily Bread designs projects! Head on over to their blogs and see what you think! You may win one some Blog Candy while you are at it!

See you tomorrow!!

9 comments:

  1. He is a very cute little snail. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this little guy is just right! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still think this card is adorable!! Looking forward to seeing your remake and what you come up with! Most of the time if there is something I wished I'd changed it would be a sentiment, or I should have added more embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute!! What a fun little snail, and I love all that ric-rak!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ODB. Thanks for a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this?? I love it!! I have been a terrible friend to your blog!! I am sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable Judy!! Really love your colors on this too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!