Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sweet Violets

For Ways To Use It Challenge 224: Bold & Bright

I suppose this isn't as bright as it could be, but Orchid Opulence has always been a bright color that I don't use very often, and today I got the chance!

I stamped my violets {Flourishes} in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then watercolored them with Orchid Opulence and Elegant Eggplant on top. The leaves are done with Green Galore and Mint Melody (retired). The surrounding color wash was done with Marigold Morning (retired). The flowers were then painted with Angel Wings Shimmerz.


I also made this for the Dirty Dozen/Fan Club Inspiration Challenge HERE.
Two more days of summer school and I am back to stamping every day! Tomorrow I will have a special fun card for someone special, so be sure to come back and see!

And how about some more Sneak Peeks for the July 1st releases at Our Daily Bread designs??
Check these out:

Angella
Deborah
Grace
Sandee

Stamps: Sweet Violets (Flourishes)
Paper: watercolor, Orchid Opulence, DPs by Basic Grey, K & Co.
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Elegant Eggplant, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Marigold Morning, Mint Melody
Accessories: Cuttlebug Corner Die, Cuttlebug EFs, satin ribbon (HL), Angel Wings Shimmerz
Techniques: watercolor

21 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Judy! love those die cut corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so GORGEOUS! I love the coloring and the corners!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Judy!! Your coloring is so beautiful, and yes...orchid opulence is bold an bright with what ever color you put with it, in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER Judy!! This is just gorgeous....and not just because it's purple!! TEE!! :) Your coloring is fab!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy your bold an bright card is gorgeous! Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Judy!!! Wonderful coloring and love the details!!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! The leaves in particular are so perfectly colored. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Beautiful! Love the colors you used and your watercoloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy this is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE this set and just have to buy it one day soon! I love violets and love how you colored them! Love the layout and corner treatements! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, stunning, lovely...this is one super card, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Judy! I love the purple colors and your corner accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Judy!!!! This is a truly gorgeous card and what a fantastic use of colour!!!!! Amazing!!! Fabulous layout too - love it a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS CARD - JUDY!!!! I LOVE HOW YOU FRAMED IT!!! The colors are perfect for the bright & bold challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty, Judy! I'm finally making the rounds of the Shabby Chicks' blogs, so I can catch up! LOVE this! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Judy....

    Wow the card lovely.... I love the detail and the colors.... this card is to die.... thanks so much hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Judy! I am totally in love with this card!!! Something about your purple and green creations just get my heart pounding!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!