Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ants in My Pants

I don't like shoes.

The first thing I do when I get home from work is take them off. And if I am not working, then I hardly wear them except when I go out. So earlier this week I walked out the front door to get my mail (I could see the package from iCopic and was pretty excited!). No shoes (we have outdoor carpet on the porch). Because I was looking ahead to the package (two feet away), I wasn't paying attention to where I was stepping. So I stepped out and thought I had stepped on a leaf of something. I looked down and it was a big wasp, attacking a bigger gray, hairy spider. Well, #1, I am allergic to wasp and bee stings. #2 Spiders are the thing I hate the most. Needless to say, I forgot about the Copics I ordered and sort of freaked out then. Bare feet on a wasp, let alone a yucky spider is not my thing, you know?

Another box was also there and it had a FedEx doorknob sticker on it. I ripped that off and batted at the wasp - he flew away. But there was the spider, on his back. BLECH!!! I do not squish spiders, people! When I find one in the house, I get my hair spray and say "Stick 'em up!" Then call for reinforcements! So I took the doorknob sticker and flipped the spider over and then scooped him off into the yard. All fine, no stings (amazing), but it's the thought that makes you crazy.

At school this week I noticed something moving on my floor at breakneck speed. As big as a quarter. Turned out to be a wolf spider. BLEH! Get out the trusty hair spray. Call for reinforcements.

Yesterday after school I walked into my guest bedroom sans shoes (I keep my clothes in that closet), and before I even noticed, I am stepping into thousands of ants. Now I go into this room probably three to four times a day. They were not there when I got ready for work yesterday morning and this is 4:45 p.m. They were already dead even! And I am not kidding about thousands. Call for reinforcements!! They were in the curtains, on the bed, in my closet and in the clothes in my closet! All dead.

The exterminator is coming Monday. Inside the house. Outside the house. I am happy. It's worth the $95.

Today I am wearing shoes.


So in honor of the ants - who are going marching thousands by thousands to some other place of abode, here is a card I made using a CUTE ant from Hugs From a Bug by Chicken Girl Design Stamps. You can find this darling set (I like to stamp bugs, just not get to know them up close and personal!) exclusively at i {heart} papers. The Spellbinders Nestabilities are also available there.

And here is the card I that I said I would show again (with my added buttons) from the IHP Design Team challenge:


Have a wonderful day!! (Take along hair spray and wear shoes!)

Stamps: Hugs From A Bug (Chicken Girl Design Stamps)
Paper: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Copics
Accessories: Nestabilities, black brads, gingham ribbon, clear embossing powder, Cuttlebug EF

Stamps: Into the Forest (Chicken Girl Design Stamps)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Kiwi Kiss, Palette Noir Black
Accessories: orange ribbon, Kiwi Kiss corduroy buttons, word window punch

12 comments:

  1. What a funny story!! I love to go barefoot but have found my trusty flip flops work better just for your reasons!
    Your cards are super cute and I recieved my blog candy so I can use these stamps on some cards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up when I read your post. You poor girl. You have had your fill of all those creepy crawly flying creatures. Your card is a perfect tribute.. LOL. SUper job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Judy - poor you!! How revolting!! Love your card...especially knowing the story behind it!! Love those ants - on paper!! Thanks for sharing...and for thr laugh!!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy Judy, I just ADORE these cards!! :) You've made me smile today!! The colors on the top card are so sweet and I LOVE those corduroy buttons on the second creation!!...thanks for laugh girl!! You're so sweet!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a story.....bugs are NOT my friends....lol....so I can sympathize totally......however...it did inspire a very cute card

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so funny! I love your inspiration story, I love that you were actualy inspired by ants, too bad the real ones aren't as cute as your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee! You're cracking me up! I'm totally the same way about shoes, except I take it a step further. As soon as I get home for the day, the shoes come off and I hop right into my jammies. It's all about comfort! Oh, and, I made my husband LEAVE WORK in the middle of the day to come home and get a wolf spider out of the living room. Biggest flippin thing I've ever seen - blech!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story, great cards! Especially love the chicken card with those wonderful buttons. The background paper is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me laugh and gave me the creeps all at the same time! Glad you survived all of this, what an ordeal!! Your cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards Judy, but I have to say that the story pretty much had me hyperventilating!!! Eeeewwwwwww!!!! Gross!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!