Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's the Beginning of Birthday Week!!


I have recently become a hard core Battlestar Gallactica fan and am almost done with all of the four seasons in less than a month! I am wondering if that is why I love this space image so much! It just makes me smile.

I made this for two challenges at Splitcoast: today's Featured Stamper Challenge 179 and Friday's Free For All 20. I cased this cute card of Stephanie's for today's challenge and added new star brads for the F4A20.

My digi image, Blast Off!, can be found at i {heart} papers. It is part of the new July 10 Chicken Girl Design release. Such cute images! I colored my image with Copics after printing on Heavyweight Cardstock. I added Crystal Stickles and star brads and was done!

Congratulations to EMILY KEATON! Emily, you have won your choice of one of the new releases! I grew up in the west and just loved your "Blast Off! comment" about traveling and hiking and showing your kids all the sites. I miss it and wish I was doing just that! Please send your contact info to me at lidaroseroz@yahoo.com and specify which design you would like!

Today began the first day of BIRTHDAY WEEK for me! My birthday is this Thursday (special sale and BLOG CANDY ALL WEEK beginning tomorrow!) and I took Kate's lead (her birthday is Friday!) and began celebrating early! I had a wonderful picnic today with my mom (who lives here) and my sister (who lives in Arizona). We grilled chicken with yummy mango marinade, and for birthday dessert had angel food cake with strawberries. My sister brought along a can of Reddi-Whip. I had forgotten how much fun those cans are to use! I usually buy Cool Whip anymore. I kind of went overboard squirting the can..... it was fun! Tomorrow I will show you some of the fun things they gave me for gifts!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope I will see you every day this week for Celebration Week. Recipes, give aways and lots of fun stories!

Stamps: Blast Off! by Chicken Girl Designs available at i {heart} papers
Paper: Lime Rickey DP by Basic Grey, Gable Green, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Copics
Accessories: photo corner punch, Crystal Stickles, scallop scissors, star brads

10 comments:

  1. well....early Happy Birthday to YOU....so nice to see new posts and creations back on your blog...always an inspiration

    hugs
    joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doin' the happy dance that you are stamping and blogging again!! WOO HOO!

    (yeah, it doesn't take much theses days!)

    Such a cute card and image! I love the papers you paired it with!! BRILLIANT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Judy! I just received my Chicken Girl free digi and can't wait to use it. That little alien is adorable! Your rocket card is OUT OF THIS WORLD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rocket card and the stars are a great addition. Your pre-birthday party with family sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, Judy! Love the rocket ship and the dp is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its good to see you back in blog land! Missed you! Love your card! It's adorable! I like the photo corner and the stars. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, welcome back my friend! I have a similar story which I'm not willing to share on my blog because there are some difficult circumstances involved. I have about 40lbs to lose gained over the last 19 years, most of it baby weight (almost 10lbs/baby). We'll see if I can start to look as good as you do by the end of the year!

    You are back and your cards still have your own brand of creative beauty! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so cute. Love the colors! Happy, happy birthday week! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leave it to Nancy to bring the whipped cream! LOL! It's so good to see you creating again. (I saw the card you did for today's sketch challenge.) Tell your sis "hi!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!