Saturday, August 28, 2010

Falling Leaves

The season is changing.......

I have to admit, I do love summer.  I like it hot and I love the sunshine.  But then that little hint of fall comes, and I remember how much I love fall.  It's just always so short around here!

Last night we enjoyed a fun picnic/cookout with friends.  As the sun went down, the sweatshirts came out, and the firepit was going strong.  It was a beautiful night.  First football game of the season for our high school too.  My daughter is a senior this year, and she had a fun time being a "Rowdy."  Yesterday we found out she will play the Wicked Witch of the West in their production of "The Wizard of Oz."  We are so excited!

All of us will be at play rehearsal now as Dave and I are working on "The Hound of the Baskervilles" for a September 30 opening.  He plays Sherlock Holmes and I am Dr. Mortimore (changed to a female in the play). Lots of fun things going on as the beginning of fall comes.

So today I would like to share a fall card with you.


My images are by Hambo Stamps. I stamped the leaves with VersaMark Onyx Black, then watercolored, using reinkers and an aqua brush. I pierced the lower right-hand corner.


Each of the leaves are then outlined in Buttermilk atyou Spica Glitter pen. Click the picture below for a close-up glittery look!


Thanks for stopping by today! Enjoy your weekend!

Stamps: Hambo Stamps
Paper: Canson watercolor, Twilight DP (Memory Box), Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red
Ink: VersaMark Onyx Black, Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, Marigold Morning, Tangerine Tango, Only Orange, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chai Distressing Ink (PTI)
Accessories: Buttermilk atyou Spica Glitter pen (Copic), Kiwi Lime cordorouy brad, Linen Thread, paper piercer, oval punch
Techniques: watercolor





2 comments:

  1. Cute fall card! Glad you enjoyed an evening with friends. And yes I love summer but fall is coming faster than planned I think. I love having 4 seasons where I live, not sure I could live anywhere that didn't have the distictive seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful card! The cook-out sounds great! I'll be over next time! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. It means a lot to connect and I appreciate you!